Does anyone come close?

can anybody else reach the amount of musical depth he conveys with only a few notes?

Attached: bach.jpg (1000x743, 160.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/snqxsCFY48U?t=482
youtube.com/watch?v=vFtodWhmNZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1K_v7vAZrs&t
youtube.com/watch?v=6SzD4UkO88E
youtube.com/watch?v=xU8YS_eINTw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zqx6ATXXTNI&t
youtu.be/FnMLlwHQIKE?t=2
youtu.be/LzT4APqCqRY?t=256
youtu.be/g6HUG3dOnKo?t=218
youtu.be/T6YqgqIQjOk?t=4673
youtu.be/T6YqgqIQjOk?t=4018
youtu.be/rWY02RC2LSQ?t=1
youtu.be/uaXNvaV-iok?t=2
youtu.be/sf4FXpS22-o?list=PLVWzia8jY3OjG1Gt31rdL_2oTrHJTmMp4&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Baby Shark

Miles Davis

deadmowfive

never,

EVER

youtu.be/snqxsCFY48U?t=482

>not even the best part of the cantata
that would be 4:03, the sudden despair, drastic shift into overwhelming sadness, the fugal chromatic figure, just pure mastery, so much soul

Attached: bach feel.png (544x505, 210.85K)

yes i love that part as well, his chromatic passages are always done so seemlessly. post favorite cantatas/movements

Attached: 1653794576234.jpg (636x466, 131.88K)

my cantata picks change every week, so much material to go through, I always find new masterpieces that seem to come about at the right time.

last couple of weeks its been these:
youtube.com/watch?v=vFtodWhmNZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1K_v7vAZrs&t (movement 1 and 5 are so ridiculously good)
youtube.com/watch?v=6SzD4UkO88E (opening chorus, divine again)

2 more that I found a few months ago where the opening choruses are just so extremely sad and profound and the rest of the movements are inspired and creative:
youtube.com/watch?v=xU8YS_eINTw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=zqx6ATXXTNI&t

That's just what I've been listening to lately, not the best by any means, every single cantata is equally as good as each other.

Attached: bachYOUNG.png (408x382, 207.5K)

as for all time favourites tho, personal taste, I would have to go BWV140, BWV56, BWV198, BWV21 and BWV76, something like that

for me it's bwv 65

ill be sure to check those out

i also recently came across BWV 105, excellent chorus. the chorus of BWV 103 is great as well. first time i heard it i was taken aback.
youtu.be/FnMLlwHQIKE?t=2

Its amazing what Bach could do with SATB alone. This one is a short furious fuga preceded by a slower one, similar to BWV 105, except the first part of 105 is more beautiful but the insanity of the second is nothing compared to the second. the similarity between the numbers is also cool, 105-150. The final movement of 150 is the most beautiful movement imo.
youtu.be/LzT4APqCqRY?t=256

as for arias, the second movement is an angelic soprano aria and the chorus is great too.
youtu.be/g6HUG3dOnKo?t=218

Soprano/Bass aria BWV152
not sure what recording it is so heres the aria among many others. gotta be one of my top arias.
youtu.be/T6YqgqIQjOk?t=4673

youtu.be/T6YqgqIQjOk?t=4018

as for favorites:

BWV 23: the two arias here are wonderful. the ways that the bass and tenor cross each other in the second movement are gorgeous
youtu.be/rWY02RC2LSQ?t=1

BWV 131: not a single unenjoyable movement. the tenor aria, final chorus, and this adagio chorus are great. the final chorus's passus duriusculus is uplifting, kind of like any other time bach employs it.

BWV 39: this must be one of Bach's most masterful opening choruses, and Richter hits the nail right on the head with his interpretation.
youtu.be/uaXNvaV-iok?t=2

BWV 78: once again not a single imperfect movement. the chorus is one of my favorite of Bach's chromaticism. the way the oboe carries on as the bass bellows below the other voices at around the minute mark is heavenly. The despair of the first movement is juxtapositioned by the playfulness of the following duet aria which youve probably heard. theres also a recitative where the tenor says minecraft
youtu.be/sf4FXpS22-o?list=PLVWzia8jY3OjG1Gt31rdL_2oTrHJTmMp4&t

others
BWV 4 BWV 5 BWV 51 BWV 70

Attached: 1641349044496.jpg (1109x1478, 347.91K)

goddamn it my post got too long

yes i forgot to mention bwv103, only heard it a couple of weeks ago and I was just completely floored. its so alien and impenetrable but beautiful at the same time. that chromatic oboe line, the dissonant harmonies, all work. when it slows down and picks back up with a slightly altered subject playing in all the voices then soaring forward with the oboe. has an incredible profoundness yet energetic energy that I haven't found any other movement or anything really that matches it completely. beyond genius in its construction, like he was writing in an alien language 300 years ago that no-one has fully comprehended or understood, and certainly no-one has come close to.

LMAO fuck off BLM-cuck

No. No one has, no one ever will.
Only edgy contrarians and/or butthurt atheists will answer otherwise.

As much as atheists will never be able to admit, Christ was responsible for bringing about some of the most beautiful music of all time. Bach wrote music ONLY for God.
Some go so far as to say that Bach was solely put on this earth to spread God's love through music.

The thing that blows my mind is, of course he never put a wrong note down in his life, but if that was me the pressure would stop me from doing anything. I'd be like "ok, I've had a good run writing perfect music, but today I'm going to fuck it up and think of one idea that is a little bit boring". Not Bach, not only did he never put down a boring idea, but he went full force writing music constantly with full confidence he would continue his run of perfection. Staggering, unbelievable confidence.

Any Forums is filled with more based bachbros than i anticipated. ya made me proud.

Attached: pepe jung.jpg (240x289, 14.84K)

also how old are you guys?

23 here, discovered Bach 3 years ago but I knew from day 1 that I would spend the rest of my life trying to spread his music as much as possible. I plan to get a society together in the city I am in to perform his music over the next few decades. us young people need to champion his voice, no-one else will and Bach will not die out on my watch

I'm 31. This board makes me feel like a fossil most of the time.