Is this shoegaze?

Is this shoegaze?

Attached: definitely-maybe.jpg (1000x1000, 168.27K)

britpop albums better than pic rel, no particular order:
modern life is rubbish
his n hers
suede
the bends
grand prix
the la's
i should coco
new wave
now i'm a cowboy
parklife
the fidelity wars
parklife
different class
elastica
anybody got one to add? there's more, because everything is better than oasis

using reverb isn't always shoegaze user
retard

name the album(s) on my list that are worse than oasis

It's neopsych but not quite shoegaze. It could be shoegaze if Liam sang with the shoegaze vocals though. Goes to show the genre is more about the vocals than the sound.

Pills Thrills and Bellyaches by Happy Mondays, then again Oasis are based and you are a fag

Who??

good pick, oasis is normie pub rock though
the imagine dragons of the 90s
yeah, if only liam had chosen to steal his entire vocal cadence from belinda butcher rather than ian brown
how different things would have been
(not very different, as Oasis still would have sucked)
these are albums, not bands or people
try to keep up user

OUT HERE IN THE FIELD

>Brit pop
>Irish

Hmm

I FIGHT FOR MY MEALLLLS

Bump

no, it's glam rock

You are right. Oasis is ok, but they get boring

First two albums + The Masterplan and out.
You're just trying to cling on to something after that. Three good records is more than most manage.
t.Knebworth attender.

oi mate ya been seeing em @ knobingtonsworth?

Is this retard OP thread?

It's way too square on the beat when compared to a number of shoegaze albums from the period. A thing about shoegaze was that while it shares a lot of similarities with baggy and Madchester as a whole, it was very much "everybody jams" whereas baggy and Madchester were more about locked in grooves and dance. It's fully in the neopsych category, though.

I don't think it's even a shoegaze vocals thing. A band like Swervedriver was very much in that area of shoegaze without vocally sounding like Bilinda Butcher. I think it's entirely on the rhythm section.

I can't say I've paid that close attention, but I'm pretty sure Oasis' drummer had like one pattern.

This album is louder than any shoegaze album you like, with possible exception of ride's first. That was deliberate of Noel. Also tunes.

The one on Definitely Maybe had one pattern that had to be edited in studio to make him less metronomic and was also the dumbest man in show business. The one on What's the Story Morning Glory was actually a legit good drummer, but because Oasis already existed he has to play in the style of the old guy with how on the beat. The other guy who's a consideration is the bassist who is very mediocre, but he wasn't a complete idiot.

>"Tony was quiet and always polite to me, but seemed out of his depth…so I think Tony did well to survive as long as he did in Oasis".[1] Morris described McCarroll's drumming style as "extremely basic", but with timing and tempo that were "almost autistically perfect".
kek thats off wikipedia.
>agreed to give up future royalties
Yeah he's a moron.