Nirvana were already servants of commercial rock "long before they became popular": skimping on opening acts...

Nirvana were already servants of commercial rock "long before they became popular": skimping on opening acts, refusing to play unless they were headliners, and the like. Jonathan Poneman, of Sub Pop, affirms that Cobain spent the day grumbling like a grandmother with chilblains because Bleach was not selling "millions of copies", when they were already going for 50,000 (something that by itself was a kind of miracle). And there's no need to recall the blatant hypocrisy of Cobain himself, who was sporting Corporate Rock Still Sucks T-shirts on MTV while pocketing petrodollars from Nevermind, #1 worldwide.

Attached: 1994 rome.png (859x570, 896.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfawOyn1AA
youtu.be/nbYCTBLmiVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He said he barely saw any money from Nevermind but bought a $1.48 million house in Seattle. Go figure

well he did kill himself because of the contradiction of wanting to be alternative and famous at the same time

You sound a lot like a communist, OP

>Cobain himself, who was sporting Corporate Rock Still Sucks T-shirts on MTV
He literally never did that

wasn't MTV independent back then? they werent owned by Viacom or anything

nirvana sold a slacker ideology to young people while being successful due to relentlessly striving for it

i'm not, retardd. i0m just pointing the idiocy of diy and the alt indie scene

reminder that Soundgarden had a hit album in 1989 and Alice in Chains had a hit album in early 91 before Nevermind

>you MUST pay your opening acts a wage WE say is fair
>you MUST play our show as an opener
>you MUST be satisfied with 50k units sold
>you MUST not participate in society or you support oil wars
sure looks that way

he's pointing out hypocrisies on a band that preached they didn't want to be famous. go back to your containment board

why are you TYPING like such a complete autist

>on a band that preached they didn't want to be famous
lol, such a nothing statement. i think you zoomers just take shit that sounds good in your head and blurt it out like its nothing. kurt said he regretted getting famous after getting famous, thats about it. he also preached originality over anything. besides, those points are total non-sequiturs to that. not wanting to be famous = not wanting money?

>ad hominem
ill take that as you conceding

No, instead he did on the cover of rolling stone, and he claimed he wanted in utero to be less polished but then re-recorded the album to make it poppier. He was a hypocrite. He was also a “feminist” who threatened to kill and rape a girl who was going to call him and courtney heroin addicts in an article she was writing (which they were)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfawOyn1AA

dumbest thing i’ve ever heard, he killed himself because he was a junkie, his wife was a junkie, he was cheated on a hundred times, him and his wife were splitting up, his kid was probably going to get taken away, and he had a fascination with joint the 27 club and knew he’d be immortalized, he literally didn’t have jack shit for songs left when he died, he was starting from scratch, most of his tracks were written before nevermind even came out, you know youre right was dogshit, but maybe the finalized version would’ve been better, either way, his band didn’t seem like they were in a good state, and he fired everyone before he even died and said he was keeping the nirvana name but replacing the members

Cobain must be one of the most uninteresting famous people that died at a young age. Just a complete junkie who was also handsome, also not talented

see > kurt said he regretted getting famous after getting famous
Didn't he put enough work in to be recognized? Didn't he appear in magazine covers willingly? Didn't he give interviews and show up for every single concert with no contest?
Didn't he seek renown, credible producers of rock music at the time?
Didn't he say he wanted to be a part of the biggest band in the world?

>not wanting to be famous = not wanting money?
There were plenty enough bands around him that weren't as famous and got enough money to still be around today. If he wanted money and no fame, maybe he should've gone to art school instead like he wanted to

absolute retard arguing over nothing. youd put a better use of your time into watching paint dry. what a dumb thing to care about. yes lets all ponder over Kurt Cobain's wishes

what wishes? it’s literally true

he wrote maybe 20 times if not 30 times as many good songs as Hendrix or Joplin or Morrison

>Get me away from her!

Attached: Kurt with Courtney.jpg (920x584, 106.02K)

saying things i never said. lack of reading comprehension and/or nice strawman

>tfw you put your dick inside Courtney Love unironically
I would have buckshot mouthwash too desu

>Doing shit that pisses off your manager and the people you work with is "being corporate"
It's just being a self-absorbed dickhead. And anyway what do you want to do about this? Dig up the would-be troon's body and ask it to apologize to you for "selling out"?

Based

How about a buckshot facelift?
youtu.be/nbYCTBLmiVM