Kate Bush

Did I hear correctly that she never tours or plays live? Why do you think that is?

Attached: kate-bush-1646133581.jpg (480x480, 37.55K)

Yes, she’s introverted and kind of lazy

Because she's a witch that has many enemies, and if she leaves her home (where her powers are strongest) witches from covens around the world that hate her, will try to destroy her.

She's old

She preferred working in the studio and making silly videos

She's fat and autistic
t. huge Kate Bush fan
Sorry bushbros but she's just... just a fat autist yknow... she doesn't wanna get made fun of by a crowd of chuds...
She does actually play live though, I'm pretty sure she performed in Gloucester this February, at least I remember seeing tickets for it

She’s not autistic. She’s just shy. Bjork is autistic.
Plus she wasn’t touring in the 80s either even though she was young and slim

I remember a time before the word "autism" was used on this board on the daily. its used so often now I can t tell who's actually autistic and who's just saying that.

she's a perfectionist and she can't be perfect live. she prefers the music to sound like it did in the studio

Because neither touring or playing out are any fun at all, if you're of a particular mindset/mentality. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
t. former professional touring musician

imagine if a female popstar refused to tour these days

That's what I would imagine. I think I could have found it somewhat palatable at a particular moment in my life, but overall, it would have sucked.

i hope this recent surge in her popularity prompts her to release the video from "before the dawn"

all these fake newfag bushposters desu senpai baka
she plays live and was an amazing live artist during her peak, but she never toured overseas since she's scared of flying

that's not a bad mindset. a lot of studio music just doesn't translate well live. a lot of 80's pop in particular actually

>she never toured overseas since she's scared of flying
Just a rumor
In an interview for sensual world in the late 80s she explained she did not consider herself a performer and that her first tour was so mentally exhausting she didn’t think she could do it again.
She said she wanted to quietly get on with her work as a songwriter which is what she did

she toured in 79 and then did a 2014 residency for about a month in London
she's said it's extremely time consuming to get the shows together right and she'd rather just be working in the studio, she's been extremely private, and she is scared of flying

Touring is for suckers. Selling your music to Netflix is big brained.

>she explained she did not consider herself a performer
that's heartbreaking, i know artists bullshit and play down a lot of their stuff, but kate's studio stuff translated to the stage very well, live at hammersmith odeon is proof of this. not even mentioning the fact that she may have been the first performer with a portable mic on stage.

There's really 2 reasons
Partially perfectionism that tired her out, The Tour of Life did revolutionary things and some all-time firsts for concerts but it would be hard to top.
The main reason is she does not handle death well, and her way to cope is to become reclusive from what is associated with it. One of her crew died on that tour and she probably blamed herself doing touring, so she never toured again. And once she was comfortable doing concerts decades later she did a one-location residence, likely because taking down and putting up stuff for a constant tour would remind her too much. If he never died she likely would have done more tours.
Similar to how the multiple deaths in the early 90s led her to be entirely reclusive for 2 decades doing nothing

This would be fucking amazing….

Kate Bush doesn't tour because she's a huge stoner and often too high to commit to things