Find a Flaw

I’ve listened to the entire Zappa discography. This is the crown jewel. The fact that it’s the most accessible to the layman has no bearing on my OP

Attached: 77BA9462-7116-4A3E-B6C2-2DD927D22301.jpg (1400x1384, 310.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDAMZkA9Xfk&ab_channel=DagomirMarquezi
youtube.com/watch?v=1BAu059IMYw&ab_channel=FrankZappa-Topic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I disagree. Not much into.The Mother's stuff.

Apostrophe for me.

Also a great record but it’s live.. I’m going with bongo fury if we go live records

based choice. Andy is one of his best
Apostrophe isnt a live album?

Nvm I’m thinking of roxy and elsewhere. Sorry lad, but apostrophe doesn’t touch one size

I corrected myself here

Roxy & Elsewhere is my go to for people who never heard frank. For fuck sake watching the footage of “Don’t Ya Ever Wash That Thing?” was fucking mind boggling… don’t get me wrong OSFA is amazing.

>he’s smoking the tube sock wrapped in a college diploma

based

THATLL REALLY GET YOU

NO WHERE

What are your thoughts on uncle meat and burnt weeny sandwich? Those two have always been neck and neck for my no. 1 Zappa

My thoughts are that Zappa really came into his own with those two records and hot rats. Two of the best out of his discography but it’s so hard to quantify with the sheer amount of GOOD material
he released in the 70’s

You can just tell with uncle meat that he’s going someplace nobody has ever gone before and for that reason alone I rate it as a top 5 Zappa record. Prior to that lumpy gravy is my favorite

sorry but i've only listened to his first 10 albums and hot rats is the best

Attached: 1517008022355.png (645x729, 146.79K)

Definitely the best work he did with that lineup of the mothers (napoleon murphy brock, george duke, ruth underwood etc) but not his best ever, although i don't think I could tell you what is
wait hold on is there footage of roxy and elsewhere?
Uncle meat is definitely a contender for best zappa album

i just started with zappa, listened to freak out a few times over the last couple of days and really enjoy it
will go chronological, so absolutely free is next
what do you guys think of that one

Live in NY. Whole disk 1 is straight fire non stop.

probably one of the hardest if not the hardest album to listen to he's ever made, but its incredible
brown shoes don't make it is a top 5 zappa song, probably would be the best song he ever made if it was recorded better. the version off of tinseltown rebellion is great, and so is this version performed by a former guitarist for zappa. listen to this right now --> youtube.com/watch?v=NDAMZkA9Xfk&ab_channel=DagomirMarquezi

yo thanks for the rec user
it's definitely a far cry from the stuff on freak out, very theatrical and taking the 'opera' part in rock opera way more literal than other artists who dabbled in the genre
i'll check the whole thing out tomorrow

no problem man, you're gonna be in for a treat with we're only in it for the money
also good off of absolutely free is call any vegetable. albums version is great but this live version is >>>
youtube.com/watch?v=NDAMZkA9Xfk&ab_channel=DagomirMarquezi

fuck i posted the wrong link
also the live version of who are the brain police is almost better than the original

Arguing which Zappa is best is falling into his trap. That said, Sheik is the goat.

Po-Jama People is his best song. But this is not his best album.

Attached: 08897E85-D7EA-41F8-8641-874CD865F690.jpg (770x572, 405.09K)

love his late 80s live stuff

Attached: 619r4YAfiAL._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1389, 82.07K)