I have a problem where I stop enjoying music because someone I dislike/hate/can’t stand enjoys it...

I have a problem where I stop enjoying music because someone I dislike/hate/can’t stand enjoys it. Nirvana for instance, I loved their music until I figured out this capefag neckbeard that I used to be friends with is super into them to the point of putting at least one Nirvana song into all of his playlists. Now I can’t listen to them without cringing. Many such cases. How do I stop being such a retard?

Attached: 3515F537-301A-475C-8A14-6A045B34EC14.jpg (600x522, 48.16K)

you'll grow out of it

probably it's because you still believe that what music you listen to is a really important part of your identity

I can't enjoy a song/band if normalfags are blasting it/talking about it

You are both fags and do not care about music except as a fashion accessory which you discard when “uncool” people like it.

Yeah I feel like music is a very personal thing because you connect with it on an emotional level. So to have that a common connection to a band with someone I don’t like, is almost insulting to me. Definitely immature and I wish I wasn’t in the habit of doing that.

>You both do not care about music except as a fashion accessory which you discard when “uncool” people like it
I just don't like when people who don't like anything about the music besides it sounds good start preying on artists and discard them immediately when the next fad comes out

Sounds like you’re talking about yourself. Like it until people you don’t like get into it, then discard it. You have no taste of your own, because it all depends not on the music itself but who listens to it.

>who don't like anything about the music besides it sounds good
... there's another reason to like music besides "it sounds good"? fuck i'm missing out

I said I can't enjoy it. I have no other choice other than to listen to something else

So you don’t like music, as I originally said. It’s not about the music really, it’s about you. How cool, unique and special you are as opposed to others that just don’t “get it” like you.

You're putting a lotta words in my mouth. I said
>people who don't like anything about the music besides it sounds good start preying on artists and discard them immediately when the next fad comes out

You:
>OH YOU'RE VERY SPECIAL, THEY JUST DON'T GET THE MUSIC

What is there to music besides how it sounds? Why else would you like it? People that don’t view music as an accessory, as you do actually listen to things they like.

>What is there to music besides how it sounds?
looks
the way an artist carries himself
lyrics
the impact
how it will be perceived in few years time
how it influences
inspiration
feel

Music is a little more than just blip blops and funny waves, you know

Those are all things associated with music, not music. But if you didn’t like it, why would you care about any of that? And if you discard the music you like based on who else likes it, what does any of that matter? You are what you hate. You follow trends too, only in a reactive way befitting the air of superiority you carry over others for no good reason.

FPBP

Attached: 1653643670103.jpg (1200x675, 771.45K)

op stop being retarded and listen to the music by you like

Sorry senpai, but you might be actually insane.
You want to understand music 'properly'? Learn theory. If not, just enjoy it and shut the fuck up.

Attached: AE85EF99-707F-4549-857A-CF62AC626514.jpg (1000x750, 192.45K)

I actually have a friend who encodes memes into the spectrograms for mp3s, so you can enjoy music for that

You sound like an insufferable fag with no friends. I bet you are a manlet.

>Learn theory
you still believe this

If you want to be a pedantic asshole, at least put a modicum amount of effort into it.