How do i git gud at guitar?

how do i git gud at guitar?

Attached: E.png (381x389, 136.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1jEgeF5i1oM9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finger exercises. Going up and down the fret board each string, each fret 1-2-3-4, up and back, then move up a fret and do that same. Then start doing 1-3-2-4 and 1-4-2-3. Minimum of ten minutes a day (NOT every saturday for three hours, shorter practice periods daily are better than sporadic long practice periods). Remember to alternative pick down-up-down-up as you're doing this. It'll take at least a month before you've built up the finger strength to move on but that's how you get the foundation for everything else. It's boring and it sucks but so it goes. If you want to be up and running in an afternoon, buy a ukulele.

idiot

Those guitars are so fucking ugly

vocaroo.com/1jEgeF5i1oM9
what next?

shove your guitar up your asshole and post a webm

any advice for an intermediate player?

Attached: sam.png (1200x1613, 1.98M)

Lessons from a professional. Not some Guitar Centre hobbyist, someone that makes the music you like that has earned their living from it all their life.

Scales
Sequencing
Arpeggios
Chords

After that it's your imagination. And daily practice for months on end if you're getting ready for a performance.

Also try transcribing piano pieces for guitar or take a crib sheet for a complex piece and arrange it all for your instrument. Rap is very popular these days.

>Lessons from a professional
I'd hoped to keep teaching myself from books and just practicing but that seems like sound advice, thanks.

>How to take the one way ticket to soulless playing
Shiggydiggy mAh niggy

Attached: pokemondick1.gif (300x222, 477.2K)

You can do but the cynicism you get from your elders and betters is a good grounding.

Also, the better you get the more you alienate yourself from people.

Keep playing it. And always remember playing an instrument =/= making good music. Music writing is a totally different thing that's more complicated than memorizing scales and understanding where to put your fingers.

okay that's a really good point that i'd only vaguely considered before, thanks

how does one start learning how to write? i want to do that as well

literally just play. It's all experience and feel. You need to just play so much that you don't think about it and merge with the instrument

Wow actual legitimate good advice on Any Forums.
Ignore the other replies. This is the best way to build muscle memory which is the foundation of everything you do. Yes you need to learn theory and learn new songs and have "feel" but none of that is mutually exclusive with having good technique, technique that makes literally everything you will ever do in the future easier.

People calling you dumb or soulless are unironically just coping with their lack of ability to form any kind of structure or habit and will 100% hit a low ceiling that they will never ever progress past and then tell themselves it's because people just don't "get" their totally great and soulful (but acutally shit) music.

Attached: 1553511390837.gif (600x394, 77.19K)

learn songs you like. analyse the parts you like the most and figure them out, find why they sound good. learn by ear if you can

Have you read The Third Policeman?

the old 1-2-3-4 exercises are boring an unmusical. anyone practicing those is going to get bored of them very quickly and give up.

At least fucking do church scales or arpeggios or fucking some prima vista playing so your muscle memory will be linked to actual music

it's not about the exercise. Get any kid that wants to play guitar because he heard metallica once and make him do that for a couple months and he'll end up hating it and never picking it up again. You can do that at any later time, what's important in the beginning is learning a couple of basic major chords, building up rhythm and starting to play songs.

the more you play the better you get. Simple as