Unlike some other bands, Pantera was not a "gateway" band. People that liked Pantera were NOT metal fans...

Unlike some other bands, Pantera was not a "gateway" band. People that liked Pantera were NOT metal fans, they were hardcore fans, gangsta rap fans, Korn fans top 40 fans and the like. And those fans, for the most part, never got into other metal, because being a Pantera fan meant having such a low IQ it made finding good music almost impossible.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x512, 62.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q-wiHqEgq8o
youtube.com/watch?v=KjMsSyGwvF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And?

And?

>People that liked Pantera were NOT metal fans, they were hardcore fans, gangsta rap fans, Korn fans top 40 fans and the like.

Yes, fortunately. A decade of tackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatackatacka was more than enough.

Nice riff, is that cowboys from hell

I'm more into hardcore than metal, and I don't know any punk/hardcore fans who like Pantera. Every Pantera fan I've ever met is a metalhead. It seems like punk rockers tend to think of Pantera as redneck chud music.

To be frank, your comment is stupid. I will say, however, Pantera fans tend to be a specific kind of metalhead, which is the tough guy metalheads who don't like extreme metal because it's "too weird" or "just noise," but they also aren't into prog/power metal. So basically, entry-level shit. Pantera fans also like entry level bands like Disturbed, and "tough guy" genres like brutal/slam death metal, deathcore, etc.

But yeah, this is just a completely wrong analysis, and you should try to learn something about hardcore sometime.

There is one demographic that listens to Pantera: Redneck Confederates

pantera is good

I can't think of another metal band that has influenced so much awful bullshit. Not even Korn.

Yeah that's true and it's been reinforced more as I got older

yes pantera is a really good band that made exceptional music while mu is the kid who got "why do you hit yourself"ed by a guy with a pantera shirt in highschool.

If dimebag were still alive he would be telling you to get vaxxed and be advocating for trans rights

fuck you because it’s true. also glam pantera is best pantera
youtu.be/q-wiHqEgq8o

as much as I like to trash pantera, 10s is great for dbz amv's

>Pantera fans tend to be a specific kind of metalhead, which is the tough guy metalheads who don't like extreme metal because it's "too weird" or "just noise," but they also aren't into prog/power metal. So basically, entry-level shit.

Ironic coming from a hardcore fan where the pits are exclusively faggots trying to start fights. Maybe the crowds in Texas where they originate this may be more accurate, most people I know up north in to Pantera are the thrashers and a lot of the same people I see at prog shows too. The only accurate part is power metal because nobody wants to listen to modern day glam. I'd be hard pressed to find a single Pantera fan who listens to Disturbed or some gay shit like Whitechapel But if you have a problem with Death Metal and Deathcore that begs the question how you can say they don't like "extreme metal", does that means exclusively black metal to you or something? Because Phil sings in a black metal band.

>does that means exclusively black metal to you or something?
You know that’s what they mean. It’s always trve kvlt black metal fans being the elitists.

when pantera came to fayetteville nc in 97, the black and lumbess went to see them.
Dimebag would be on infowars with dave mustane. he was basically a hanger on for the outlaws mc, from being DAC's disciple. so lolno for your dumb shit.

Best most energetic concert I ever saw was Pantera at Red Rocks in 97.

Runner up was Guns and roses Coachella 16.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Pantera is peak metal and you're just seething

Pantera isn't even peak groove metal.

Attached: RobbFlynn-PhilDemmel-pic.jpg (680x452, 248.24K)

>Runner up was Guns and roses Coachella 16.
You have low, low, low standards.

I saw Guns in the clubs, and their last show in LA before Appetite came out, at the Roxy, and every tour until Skin and Bones.

'16 was a tenth, hell, even less, than GnR at their peak. Slash doesn't move around anymore because of his pacemaker. GnR on the Illusions tour, he was sprinting around the stage constantly, they all were. You didn't see Guns, you saw the Slash needs cash greatest hits roadshow.
The most energy onstage I remember is Megadeth at a theater, right when Peace Sells came out. Or the Clash Of The Titans tour, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax were in peak form and ripped the fucking place up. Hell, Metallica on the Justice tour puts Pantera to shame, in terms of energy.

Machine head is number three yes. Peak groove IS Pantera, then sepultura/soulfly.

>Ironic coming from a hardcore fan where the pits are exclusively faggots trying to start fights.
You know how I know you don't know shit about hardcore, without syou aying you don't know shit about hardcore?

>epiphone
Euuuuuugghhhhhhhhhhh

So you had the chance to see the holy grail of thrash metal yet you never saw pantera in the mid 90s? Wack user very wack

Who says I didn't see them? Oh, that's right, I didn't. I saw them on I think the Vulgar tour, and at Ozzfest. They weren't bad, but I preferred Phil in Down. Still do. But as far as high energy bands, they're not even in my top 20.

You know how I know you're a stick figure with gauges who cries when he gets pushed at a metal show?

Dime can't even come close to the level of technical ability that Phil Demmel has. The only reason anyone thinks Dime is the best is because nobody else can drink enough seagrams to botch the riffs so badly they sound unique.

i unironically like the glam metal era, much better than the hick era.

i would put Korn above Phil Anselmo-era Pantera. far, far above them.

Why you're shitting on Pantera's energy? Phil is easily the most charismatic and entertaining frontman. Rob Zombie is close second, Mike Muir and Danzig too
Metallica on other hand, sucks on stage big time. James is just walking on stage or standing, his stage presence is meh

youtube.com/watch?v=KjMsSyGwvF4

Nah dime is better than phil. Its not about the speed (which he could have done) dime made MEMORABLE shit not whatever the fuck vio-lence and machine head were doing. I still lile them tho