You guys got any tips to learn chords and chord voicings? I'd like to start making music on my piano

You guys got any tips to learn chords and chord voicings? I'd like to start making music on my piano.

Attached: C5E67AEF-70B8-4662-9D07-B148F093DDA3.jpg (623x461, 66.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1cE3jle1iApE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play a less faggy instrument

learnchordsandvoicings.com

honestly i think it is best to be self taught. Just learn the notes and then you can work it out yourself. It's fun to play around with patterns on instruments, just sit down for a few hours most days and you will work it out. its not hard

knowledge is power. reject ignorance.

Don't play the fifth, or if you do invert it with the root.

this is an unhealthy way of thinking, you end up just never learning theory

theory is observable. it is stronger knowledge working it out yourself and your playing will be more individualistic.

Post your music right now

ok let me record something i made, hold up

I've tried doing it without theory, it doesn't work for me personally and I don't know why. I just keep smashing random notes and never learning anything

as usual the anti-theory guy demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of music theory, as well as a shallow knowledge of music is general.

*in general

voca.ro/1cE3jle1iApE

now post yours mr theory. it better be good and better than mine since im going by ear and you have all that knowledge.

Play around with inversions and judge go with what sounds cool my man

Pleasant and repetitive. How long did it take you to assemble this, from when you first started playing guitar?

the song is a lot more repetitive/longer with verses and lyrics etc. I made all the parts in a day and just got more familiar with the structure of it over a few weeks, still getting comfortable with it really and changing things around. been playing for a few years, got into finger picking and found my style probably 2 years ago. I dont know what chords i use in the song or anything, i dont even know a single scale but my point is it isn't necessary to intellectualise music

Learn chords as intervals, not individual notes (major triad is 1-3-5, minor is 1-b3-5 etc). Learn jazz chords for a greater harmonic range. Try playing songs with lots of chords in them so you can understand how they relate to each other (Cardiacs songs are built primarily on loads of major triads one after the other).

>user posts his music and all the theory fags drop off.
funny isnt it

Practice more