Is he next?

Attached: Pete.jpg (1025x1181, 156.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubYDPqi6ht4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To get popular with zoomers or to die?
Zoomers will never be able to appreciate early Genesis. Solo Gabriel was already pretty popular anyway, so I don't care if they start liking Sledgehammer or Solsbury Hill.
Pete strikes me as a pretty healthy guy for his age. He's got just a little bit more time to live out his life.

Attached: peter old man.jpg (465x702, 246.24K)

Die? nah, I mean the zoomers. To me, he and Bush go together. So is an amazing album and rightly appreciated. But II, III and IV are less accessible and mainstream.

All we need to do is get "Don't Give Up" big on Tik Tok

if he dies before delivering I/O I will kill him myself

II is underrated but going nowhere in the mainstream, Fripp's production job is really raw and that makes it a poor fit for social media.
III is his best album imho, I bet there are a couple of songs that could catch on i.e. I Don't Remember.
IV is my favorite but the large swaths of Fairlight makes a lot of it sound dated, albeit in a manner that I really enjoy. I bet Shock the Monkey could hit it big, but there's not much that's propulsive on IV in the way that the material on Hounds of Love is.
At this point, I would almost be happy if he caught on with some younger listeners. As a prog fan, we need a way to introduce the genre to the younger generation to keep it alive, and solo Peter could give the scene fresh blood. Of course, there are the risks of accessorization that come with these scenarios, but I'm willing to take that risk at this point. The fans are mostly growing old bros

I would fug his boipussi no homo

sadly 99% of zoomers will never be able to appreciate prog. it's too far removed from mainstream music today. source: i am a zoomer who listens to prog and almost all of my friends hate it

It would fit right in. Probably needs to be slowed down though.

>i am a zoomer who listens to prog and almost all of my friends hate it
prog hasnt been popular since the 70s so not surprising.

Yeah it’s not “hooky” enough. Kate Bush made some proggy and experimental stuff, but Running up that Hill is pretty immediate. I could see zoomers liking Gabriel’s most popular singles. But early Genesis and Last Temptation of Christ is outside their jurisdiction.

Reminder that he's going to release his new album soon and music, as we know it, will be concluded.

Attached: 1654863484270.gif (230x408, 876.25K)

is there like a concert film or documentary i can watch to see Pete's early wardrobe choices?

Attached: cover.jpg (536x536, 86.66K)

Wild to think this band released Invisible Touch a decade later. Gabriel really made the whole thing.

Attached: Pete 2.jpg (800x540, 202.46K)

The lack of early Genesis shows that have been officially recorded and released is criminal. I would kill for a good copy of Live at Shepperton or at The Rainbow.

Attached: genesis nyc.jpg (711x979, 178.38K)

They're both great. Invisible Touch was just a prog rock band progressing. The lead single is weird as fuck musically, and Domino is one of their best later long-form tracks.

Everyone expects prog rock bands to stay in their art rock phase, but pop is just another leg in the journey.

I'm not really anti-Collins. Just the material they released after Pete left isn't my cup of tea. I actually prefer some of Collin's solo stuff more.

Prog has always been a musician's genre, but there's a human appreciation for complexity and nuance in almost all of us. I know that the culture in which zoomers have grown up largely fails to value those aspects, but I know in my experiences that it's still worth trying to promote quality music; we won't be around forever, after all. Sorry to hear that you've had poor luck in sharing it with your friends.
Gabriel added a je ne sais quoi aspect to the band, but Hackett was the band's backbone. Seconds Out is the last album from prime Genesis, which manages to be one of the best live albums of the Seventies despite burying Hackett in the mix.

>I actually prefer some of Collin's solo stuff more
Sure, I just get pissy.

I should just say that its weird how narrow some people's definition of prog has become, when the term itself means that the music is going to shift and that the shift might take it closer to radio friendly.

Like to me, Time Stand Still is just as "prog" as 2112. It seems like the definition is becoming "sounds like Yes and King Crimson," which is stifling and the opposite of progressive.

ya'll talking 'bout mah gene-says-quoi?

i like how my boy did this one song
youtube.com/watch?v=ubYDPqi6ht4

If you gradually introduce prog in a way they seem to not notice, they might start to dig it, at least subconsciously.
Then again, my friends are not full blown normies.