I’ve been thinking about getting into music. Problem is I don’t know where to start. Any suggestions?

I’ve been thinking about getting into music. Problem is I don’t know where to start. Any suggestions?

Attached: 3DEFDEB9-920A-46EE-81ED-046282981A6A.jpg (827x408, 50.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPheGdsEmA
youtube.com/watch?v=BYEc9L5kGKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rtqSjoV17aw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first get yourself some speakers or a headset

walk outside

I went out and bought all the gear already, now I have no idea what to listen to with it.

What do you like

If you didn't "get into" music as a teenager, you never will
If you're a teenager, you know the rules, tyke

Attached: 01166181142.jpg (900x900, 93.13K)

why does he look sad?

I’m 36, and I never had any interest in music as a teen but as I’ve gotten older I’ve felt like I’m missing out on something with music. Can you just give me like an entry level song to check out

Live in Japan - Fennesz

listen to ryoji ikeda's album dataplex, very easy listening with straightforward rhythms

Great, this is the type of recs I’m looking for. I want to listen to what everybody is listening to

This is good music for beginners
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaPheGdsEmA

listen to lolicore

Huh, I guess I just didn’t expect music to sound anything like that. Maybe I should try something a bit more beginner than that

Try this youtube.com/watch?v=BYEc9L5kGKQ

Ok this one was a bit more digestible. I think we’re getting somewhere. Currently my fav song

youtube.com/watch?v=rtqSjoV17aw

>npc's life

People are posting weird shit in here. If OP is genuine and actually hasn't been into music until recently posting this kind of acquired taste shit isn't doing them any favours.

Bob Dylan - blood on the tracks
The Beatles - white album
Pink Floyd - Animals
Townes Van Zandt - The Late Great Townes Van Zandt
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Radiohead - OK Computer
This is a pretty entry level list of albums spanning a few genres with zero nuance or deep cuts. See if any of these hit for you and go from there

damn your brain must be molasses

Decent advice.

idk pull up rym and start making topsters in like a month like everyone else

Thanks for the response but I’m more interested in the music people are listening to nowadays. All those songs are from like 40 years ago which is cool but I want to be able to talk to other people about music irl

well there's always the billboard charts and radio but it really isn't very good and people don't really talk about it much anyway. you should check out classics if the music thing actually interests you

like, literally, the people who create and listen to the current popular music now would tell you to go back and listen to essential stuff like that to even understand where the hell this comes from. what else is there? you want to talk about the pop hit at the watercooler or engage this thing?

user 70% of spotify streams today is music released >2 years ago.
also, knowing older music will make you more useful for talking about music irl. you don't have to know every Zeppelin album by heart but being able to recognize when Jimmy Page or John Bonham influenced someone modern is useful if you're interested in talking about music.

but yeah like said just listen to the radio and see if there's anything that comes on the radio that you like

Attached: bonzo soy.png (1200x675, 1019.81K)

>I want to be able to talk to other people about music irl
If you're for real, then let me tell ya, talking to people about music is one of the most fruitless things I can possibly imagine. It's one thing if you're talking to a musician or someone who's reeeeeally deep into music exploration, but if it's just some small talk topic then the conversation either fizzles out as soon as it starts, or it just devolves into a piss contest of whose favorite artist is more or less shit.