Country

Is there any country worth listening to? I haven't even heard picrel simply because it doesn't seem that exciting to my zoomer brain.

Attached: 71AuvTik0VL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 160.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RgCRdAzizxY
youtu.be/zzICMIu5zFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, listen to the Waylon and Willie album it is KINO. If you dont like that one then you don’t like country, simple as.

shotgun willie, red headed stranger, phases and stages

I've listened to country since I was 14, my favourite artists are Garth Brooks, Big Iron guy and Hurt guy

Oh also nashville skyline by Bob
Dylan. Those two albums are all you need to know about country (jk kinda but not)

zoomer here.
i like country
hank williams? kino, johnny cash? kino. marty robbins? kino.

As much as any other genre, yeah.
Cadillac Sky is the GOAT though, listen to all three of their albums, it will keep your ADHD entertained

Country is very hit and miss for me too but try these ones

Really nice lyrics and flow youtu.be/RgCRdAzizxY
and try big iron lol its so nice youtu.be/zzICMIu5zFY

I recommend watching the doc Heartworn Highways and taking note of the featured artists that you may find of interest. Also, John Prine

youre a fucking retard. what horrible suggestions for someone just getting into country my god

Attached: cover.jpg (600x600, 371.79K)

as another user said, just watch this and youll be hooked

Attached: Heartworn.Highways.1976.1080p.BluRay.x264-nikt0.jpg (2000x3000, 841.99K)

How is Waylon and Willie a bad suggestion. It’s universally appealing

both of them were past their prime when that came out

Shit how could I forget about my lil niggy Townes. OP you’ve got Waylon, Willie and Townes. That’s all you need to hear.
Listen to : honky tonk heroes by Waylon, red headed stranger by Willie and Townes Van Zandt’s self titled. Those are the best and easiest to get into country records I can think of. You’re welcome, they’re all based

Attached: 71641A69-CD12-4595-AE5E-53B272A99DB8.png (680x661, 261.59K)

Nah dude, that’s one of the best records from both of them

I fucking love Cash even the shit hes waa doing before he died was awesome

if you wanted to start him off with a collaborative album you could have at least chosen this one. who wants to hear a Waylon/Willie duet as their first country album, without knowing who either of them were beforehand?

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 1.02M)

this is also one of the most famous and best country albums, just remember that it came out in the 50s. it holds up, just dont expect it to sound current or anything

i think this is a better intro than Live at Folsom because you get to hear these songs cleaned up in the studio as they first appeared

Attached: cover.jpg (1000x1000, 597.78K)

one of my favorite things to do is go to like a flea market or thrift shop and pickup 50/60s country records. for $1 each. it's these complete no name artists, at least by today standards, and it's always mopey, down on life type music, with a beautiful orchestrated band lifting the music up along with the traditional country instrumentation. I guess that's just how old pop music operated but it's beautiful and 9 times out of 10 really good. it's a whole world that the average listener isn't exploring, simply because no one has whole-heartdly mapped out that style yet..same goes for 50/60s soul.

you get them on LP? thats too bad, you should digitize them if you have the equipment. sometimes i pick up 90s/2000s noname country artist CDs on Discogs but those arent nearly as interesting

some of the ones you pick up might be worth a lot. pic related, for example

Attached: cover.jpg (1790x1790, 1.17M)

I love country but Waylon and willie are among the lowest of my recommendations. I don’t even hate outlaw country but haggard and coe are leagues better than Waylon and willie

That’s also a beautiful record and not a bad choice