Did that board ever have a golden age?

Did that board ever have a golden age?

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (512x512, 50.26K)

My guess is 2005 was the golden age for this board. I was on other music forums and not here, but sad I missed it.

golden age was unironically 2010-2013

which board

Was it really or was it because you were young and without adult responsibilities?

this board wasn’t created until 2007
share threads were good, dozens of tripfags circle jerking was cancer

larper pleb faggot

Any Forums always had a cancerous /soc/+Any Forums flavor but at least it had it used to have its own memes and some anons would talk about pretty niche stuff. I don’t understand why this board is dead when all the other hobby boards have grown. Are the jannies to blame? The only active threads up right now are generals for posting pictures of women and “PATGOD is the best Floyd album”

yeah, when all people talked about was limp wristed suburban rock or midwest emo instead of limp wristed rappers

peaked 2009-12 at the height of millennial indie culture. as millennials made way for zoomers not comprised of any particularly shared culture but more an amorphous mass indeterminately moving from trend to trend, the sense of "place" of the board waned too. people retreated into various general threads (metal, classical, pop, bleep etc etc) to try to hold onto the sense of "place" as a consequence, but now any interests are just atomized from each other, instead of interacting.

Attached: 1554410683469[1].jpg (2048x1366, 363.08K)

This, was fun back then. Listened to and learned of a lot of good music.

up until 2014

>Did that board ever have a golden age?
yes 2022

YOU'RE IN A DISARRAY
THINGS USED TO BE A DIFFERENT WAY
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE GOLDEN AGE

this pic is from 2014.

>2014
oh, that's when I came in

was jazzthreadguy cancer

Are these tripfags or just regular Any Forums users?

death grips, grimes, and kanye threads were GOAT

it was at least fun up until like 2017/18

I miss old Any Forums and old Any Forums in general everyday. I wish we could go back to what Any Forums used to be before it became absolute cancer. Just like Any Forums as a whole, ruined by Any Forums, gamergate, transexuals, teenagers and such. I have not seen any interesting thread in the catalog today. Nothing funny. I filter almost 40% of the threads being made here. When I try to make threads, people come and use stupid buzzwords at me for no reason. I wished this board still had sovl. There isn't even a share thread being made these days. And when one is being made it turns to shit. I miss good and original tripfags. I miss actually funny OCs.

Attached: 1632347974957.jpg (1411x881, 296.2K)

2009-2011 was peak Any Forums

>le sad bart

Attached: 1621772318883.png (352x524, 55.04K)

There's literally no proof that this was a Any Forums meetup

sharethreads were the best and their peak was my personal favorite time on this board
combing blogspot and what.cd for obscure stuff and then sharing the shit i really loved on Any Forums was my version of crate digging at the record store. downloading stuff based just on a name and cover art and a short blurb or genre tags was like pulling a hidden gem out of the bargain bin