White stripes

what was the reasoning behind the narrative that meg was jack's older sister when they were married?
did they really think no one would know or something? did it do anything to make them more popular? I just don't understand why they did it
everyone found out they were a married couple eventually and then it just made things weird for people that assumed he married his sister

Attached: Meg_&_Jack,_The_White_Stripes.jpg (1112x1032, 107.68K)

Jack White is a marketing master. He knew that le rock bands fans love some myths and then explore it.
That's why he became rich as a fuck now. He is just smart as a hell.

i don't understand why he said they were a sibling group? does them being siblings somehow make the music more authentic or something?

The real theory is they really were bro and sis and also married. He never lied.

Attached: 1654840387267.jpg (720x439, 46.89K)

does that have anything to do with Jack taking Meg's last name?
White is her last name, his was Gillis

yes, cause in the 50's and 60's there were a lot of musical groups with family members only.
He was also very autistic about the colors and the number 3, so yeah it was pure gold marketing to atract rockists and critics.

Your last name can be changed on a whim. Who is your blood however, cannot. Look at their faces.

it worked and he's been laughing all the way to the bank ever since

can't unsee

what is "rockist" about self-mythologizing

Yeah seems pretty fake and cringy
If it was authentic it would be different

He’s a really smart business man. Third Man Records has been exploding and they have leapt to the forefront of the vinyl market with their own pressing plant. It’s pretty cool.

Oh shit I didn't know he has a whole factory for it. I assumed it was like a fun hobby he was pursuing, not a full-time business venture

I know. Rap is literal self mythology with beats. Hiding in plain sight I guess.

>Meg's nose goes down, Jack's goes up
>Meg has bigger mouth, Jack's is more pursed
>Different eye colors
>Jack has black hair, Meg has dark brown hair

ok

different user, but yeah it's a full time business venture. His main studio is at the Third Man Records location in Nashville; there is also a location in Detroit which also contains a pressing factory. He recently opened a new location in the U.K.

Probably for the same reason John
Lennon tried to cover up being married. Single = more sex appeal = more sales from teen girls

they were divorced when they took off. he lied because he didn't want in interviews all questions to be about their relationship and focus on the music.

His fun hobby is actually furniture upholstery

I always thought it was so he could bear the name Jack White and could pretend he made up with the name White Stripes from his name and not Meg's.

i think this was the real reason. also they were married and divorced by the time the white stripes got really popular, so it would have been weird publicity and awkward interviews if everything was about "what's it like working with your ex-wife"?
easier to just say she's your sister

he took her surname when he married her. his last name was gillis