Sylenth1 sucks

This is the most overrated synth I have ever come across. It's the most near-useless piece of shit I've ever bought and can't for the life of me make sounds or find presets that dont sound like shitty FL Studio stock sounds.

The fact that so many producers praise it is beyond me. First of all it's basic as fuck, and can only produce mediocre ass "analogue" sounds, but that brings me to the next point, it doesn't sound analogue at all, it sounds thin, tacky, tinny, and it takes hours of careful sound design to make useable sounds with it.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: screenshot3.jpg (908x591, 139.94K)

Since we're exchanging hot takes here I'll say that u-he's Diva sucks dick. It really sounds lame as fuck, only the effects can make the sound somewhat bearable. At first I thought the problem was me, but since then I've tried both model d on my phone (so emulating the same hardware synth mind you) and vcv rack and it's just so much easier to get a sound I actually enjoy.
The only real hard objective flaw I've found though is the "feedback" knob. On the model D it creates a pleasant distortion that can really enhance certain sounds, I use it quite often. On Diva it... just sounds awkward? It makes the low frequencies louder, in a way undoing the effect of resonance. I don't get it
The ONLY thing I can tolerate are the effects. They sound ok

I'm a Serum user, but honetly even a free synth like Vital mogs Diva, Sylenth and Massive today. Phaseplant is still godly though.

Attached: 1653356024504.jpg (343x286, 16.84K)

All virtual synth plugins sound lame and aren't fun to play with. The DAW interface is good for when you've already cobbled something together but headache inducing if you are trying to compose a new idea from scratch.

idunno I just use Logic and I love it

it is outdated new synths now sport 8 oscillators as bare minimum

My favorite synths
-Odin 2 (free, cross platform)
-Arturia Modular V
-Arturia Synthi V

Those 3 are pretty much all I use. I would use massive sparingly. I replaced it with Pigments which I got for 50 bucks

It's from 2005 bro what do you expect?

>It's the most near-useless piece of shit I've ever bought
yo why you didn't try it out before you bought it

Just use Serum
Or be a real chad and use Harmor

Spire replaced sylenth like 6-8 years ago

for me, its waldorf largo.

anybody tried that granular string new shit from arturia? any good?

You guys are both retarded as fuck. The default presets sound like shit because they're default presets. The presets you've made yourself sound like shit because they're presets you made. You aren't supposed to be wasting your time figuring out a VSTi with a thousand fucking buttons, get a fucking life. Torrent some decent sounding 3rd party preset packs like a normal human being, and get the fuck on with it

If you can't even make basic bitch progressive house or dubstep with a piece of shit like this and a couple of Airwindows effects then you should just give up now because you're doing it wrong

Attached: ppg.png (816x498, 141.84K)

Why would I use that POS when I can just buy the real thing?

use rob papen's predator or massive

No

why not

most digital synths are garbage honestly, just use serum or go physical

>18 posters
wth is this the first non bot thred

Attached: 1594326961186.jpg (240x240, 15.26K)

Massive has that mid-00s charm to it though. It's great for that specific sound.

>he doesnt know

Attached: 71D7B64E-E510-4E7F-BEAE-FA925F5EA0AD.png (544x479, 160.01K)