/classical/

Chad Schumann edition

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous Thread:

Attached: schumann.jpg (2705x2658, 547.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQxpJ7Pn1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holy based

that picture again? come on, man

i want sex with petzold

Consider this your punishment. This is what you get when you try to fill the thread with shitposts in order to open a new one yourself. The Chad Schumann editions will continue until morale improves.

Holy based

...what?

Based.

what the fuck are you talking about, I'm not against the Schumann editions, just that stupid picture

youtube.com/watch?v=UQQxpJ7Pn1g

The picture is an integral part of your punishment. As long as I see threads full of the same inane garbage you fags have been shitting out all night, the picture will stay.

Attached: chigger.jpg (508x532, 43.07K)

wagner was a real slampig

please tell me you don't believe all posts that aren't by you are by the same person

i am the only real wagnersister in this thread

I said "fags" didn't I?

Clearly you have no knowledge of Wagner. Even people who criticise his Gesamtkunstwerk for being an ill-defined mushy merging of the different arts still agree that you cannot appreciate his use of the arts completely on their own. If you can't accept Wagner's melodies stand on their own, far less than any traditional opera melodies then you are merely being dogmatic. Your understanding of Wagner shows a dilettantish reading of both his Ring as well as the original Germanic sources which is typical of those first approaching it. You know nothing of how Wagner actually adapted those stories and poetry, or that almost all visual portrayals of Wotan today come from Wagner's Ring. But this negative opinion probably comes from a superficial reading of Nietzsche. As someone who approached Wagner from the Norse sources I can tell you your opinion is wrong. It's the result of, partially, listening to horribly wrong and mediocre interpretations, and on the other hand not investigating the Ring as a self-contained 19th century artwork. No one criticises Goethe for introducing his own themes into the Faust legend. If you were as knowledgeable on the sources as I am then you would know the subtlety with which Wagner created the Ring, from the very smallest elements of the sources he took inspiration. I'm sorry but you don't know the first thing about Icelandic poetry, and certainly couldn't compare with Wagner. Really the problem here is that you just know nothing about Wagner's Ring. Der Ring des Nibelungen is a major work of 19th century German literature, influencing both the language and plot of Nietzsche Zarathustra's, but is also an adaptation of Germanic myths and like for most of Wagner's late works opens up a very informative dialogue between the original and his own dramatic adaptation. Icelandic poetry was one of the most fundamental influences on Wagner's Ring and I doubt you have the knowledge of it to talk about how Wagner created his Ring.

why do violinists look down upon everyone except cellists

Call it

small peepee energy

Heads

If we were to use the Messiaen scale to judge Beethoven -- as in "colorful" vs. "colorless" -- he would be completely grey. Mozart, in contrast, would be blindingly vibrant.

I'm pretty sure his metric had more to do with his actual synesthesia and not a subjective rule where you tie a particular colour to how you personally feel, my good man. Also being blinding isn't a good thing: You want to be able to see.