Let’s settle this once and for all

Top or bottom?

Attached: 8564C3A5-F016-45F1-9DEF-DDF981419BD3.jpg (2048x2048, 463.13K)

Attached: images (1) (9).jpg (555x553, 95.96K)

fpbp

Attached: 41TWKY5Z3ZL._SY580_.jpg (304x300, 24.73K)

Im a bottom (male)

Red
Pseud garbage with nonce vocals
Based

>blocks your path

Attached: McDonald and Giles.jpg (1600x1595, 1.29M)

Obviously Islands

Can I pick neither? Progfags get the rope

Go back to indie rock this isn't for you

what a fuckin cover holy shit thanks blessed A-non

All songs in Red, except for Starless are way longer than they should, so ITC

Red is a far better album. If you remove historical and cultural significance, ITCOTCK is their third worst album. However, if you went back in time and you could only save one, it would be ITCOTCK. Red didn't really change anything. The other is either the first or second most foundational album for the entire prog genre.

Red did invent post rock

Bottoming feels better idc whst you chuds say

Attached: 1653971063715.jpg (1066x1600, 171.47K)

Larks' Tongues invented post-rock. There is no Godspeed without Lark's Tongues Part II.

Lark's invented prog metal, there'd be no Tool without it.
Desu I think you can argue that Islands was actually where they invented post rock.

starless is peak music

It's so hard to tell, isn't it. aprime Crimson really was in another league
Ya know, post-rock may be largely different from progressive rock, but in terms of ethos it's prog's spiritual successor. I bet Mark Hollis would have had the creative time of his life on one of those old 70s prog imprints.

Prime Crimson*
Me and my clumsy fingers.

Discipline is so fucking good. King Crimson's entire 80's era has so many good tracks in general. it's wild that they came back with some new wave pop art bullshit and actually managed to sound good. they basically invented math rock and by extension mathcore.

It's true tho not really every prog act can be called the progenitor of post-rock. I'd say Genesis and King Crimson mostly. Jazz fusion also has an important influence. Obviously it's more of a speculation and finding similar sounding stuff, you don't really know if it had direct influence or was just ahead of it's time. More definitely post rock comes from Talk Talk and no-wave. Godspeed You crescendo stuff comes directly from Glenn Branca (and is worse much worse, I really don't like their stuff).

Discipline is incredible. The title track is so fucking good, unprecedented minimalism. I also love the way the guitar sounds and that almost every song has a similar tune in it at some point which kinda all boils down in the barebones minimalistic title track. Is it an improv song tho? I always wondered.