Why did guitar playing became so technical in the 80s? Is something similar happening?

Back in the 60s guitar solos were bluesy and sloppy, there were fast guitar players even before that, les paul, roy clark etc but they were not fast for speed sake
I know that in the 70s there were also fast guys, like Holdsworth or McLaughin, but they were not technical speed freaks, then in the 80s suddenly everyone and their mom is playing like eddie van halen, everyone is a second hand copy of Vai and Satriani and Malsteem etc
Why didnt this technical Malsteem like playing didnt take off earlier?
Is something similar happening in metal these days, with technical djent and prog mental influences, and with popular and extremely technical guitarists like Ichika, yvette young and tim hensom?

Attached: images (19).jpg (640x479, 26.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY
youtu.be/R6Xye0ogJ5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's because of Blackmore. Niggas hear the solos in Burn and Highway Star and feel like they gotta stop up their game.

YJM

Attached: 02830182381208321.jpg (2163x1465, 381.12K)

you're not wrong about Blackmore

I love this
>though it's much harder, I'm always improvising my solos because I think the present feeling in your mind comes into the guitar and the result is more honest

>in the 70s rock became heavily saturated with bubblegum and soft rock
>as a result, artists had to be more competitive to get the attention of major labels
>By the 80s rock had become as much of a performing art as it was a musical art and guitarists had to impress massive stadiums with fast and clean technique
>thus, 99 percent of boring, forgettable guitar solos come from the 80s because they were only made to impress a live audience

Attached: Screenshot_20220603-022549~2.png (720x814, 545.66K)

Shit, makes sense
Also would explain why todays youtube and instagram guitarists like ichika, tim hensom and yvette young are becoming so technical. Ichika, for example, has 1 minute songs made to grab the attention of the internet audience, they are getting technical because thats what distinguishes them now

People figured out that if they're the guitarist, everybody will look at them, and the race to be the most looked at and talked about escalated. That's really it.

>Why didnt this technical Malsteem like playing didnt take off earlier?
because it sucks
>Is something similar happening in metal these days, with technical djent and prog mental influences, and with popular and extremely technical guitarists like Ichika, yvette young and tim hensom?
no, it's a nieche thing, but with the internet and social media a echo chamber if you like that stuff you'll get feed whatever you like, making it seem more popular than it actually is.

Are you a bot or are you autistic?

>no, it's a nieche thing

You can't spell niche, opinion discarded

>80s guitar solos
>boring or forgettable
pleb detected

electric guitar was too young and not taken seriously

You can't spell nieche, opinion discarded

Because it's shit for people with no musical talent
>look monkey go fast!

>yvette young
>extremely technical
excellent bait

youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY
youtu.be/R6Xye0ogJ5I

lmao shredder faggot got absolutely BTFO'd itt

But seriously though, guitar is lame shit for old people and hapas who are being tortured by their parents.

shills are ugly IRL

I'm sorry but 2013 is over and nobody cares about Skrillex/EDM anymore.

lol ok grandpa

>can't play an F barre chord

isn't it time for matlock to be on tv