What factors combined to make genesis the best band of all time? also claim your genesis song...

what factors combined to make genesis the best band of all time? also claim your genesis song. for me it's the colony of slippermen

Attached: genesis.jpg (1000x791, 86.67K)

Steve Hackett held the group together

love Steve but they literally had the best frontman of all time at their helm

Attached: peter-gabriel-genesis.gif (498x373, 3.16M)

Good mix of songwriters
For me, it's mad man moon

based as fuck. tony banks wrote all their best songs.

>the colony of slippermen

maybe roald dahl could pull off such a title in a children's book, but I'm not listening to a pop song that goes by that name, no way, Genesis became cringe even quicker than Yes, who at least released one rockin' album before they gave in to their 'cosmic' instincts.

mines the standard pleb choice but i do love it. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight

Fuck Tony Banks

how's that the standard pleb choice? it goes through a hundred fucking sections that all flawlessly lead into one another, and it's one of their longest and heaviest songs

This.

Fuck you shithead, Tony Banks is probably the most musically gifted member of the group.

Dance on a Volcano
Everybody in Genesis is musically talented and masters of their instruments. People always forget what a great Drummer Phil Collins was.
Based as fuck. Banks is the best Rock Keyboardist bar none. And if I was half as good as him I'd probably be a bit of an arrogant prick too.

Attached: 6RlfRc4x7yvJ-_port.jpg (512x512, 32.3K)

claiming my waifu, Lilywhite Lilith

i have the same hair as Phil but im 30 . help

Banks is a cunt but he's undeniably wicked talented

I’m Counting Out Time
short little blip of a song, but it’s so well crafted and works perfect within the context of the album as a whole

>People always forget what a great Drummer Phil Collins was.

Too bad he did the Prince thing for the entirety of his relevant solo career.

>Prince thing
You mean make great pop albums with progressive tendencies? The Tarzan Soundtrack the best Disney soundtrack? Pretty much invented the '80s gated drum sound? And made millions. Is that what you mean?

Attached: the-big-bang-theory-sheldon.gif (288x224, 924.3K)

No, I primarily meant the robotic, reverberated drums on all their 80s tracks, as both Prince and Collins started out as and considered themselves drummers.

Would fug that trap

They weren't as gay as Yes.
They weren't as nerdy as King Crimson.
And they definitely knew how to blend with pop. They are musical and marketing geniuses

Hi Mr. Starostin