Why is Page's post Zeppelin career so overlooked...

Why is Page's post Zeppelin career so overlooked? Zeppelin ended and Page moved on and his music was still excellent but no one ever seems to remember or care
His time in The Firm was excellent. Him and Rodgers was an excellent combo, shame they ended after just two albums. It was 80s music definitely and more pop but still classic Page. His solo album was great besides the singers he chose for the songs. I think if he had different singers it would have been received better and he'd have made more solo albums
Coverdale and Page was basically Led Zeppelin 2.0 and the fact they only did one album together is absolutely criminal. So many great songs together

Attached: Jimmy_Page_at_the_Echo_music_award_2013.jpg (1366x2048, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v8pM40E62II
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jimmy Page on David Coverdale:
>"David Cover-version"

It was overshadowed by Robert Plants post-Zeppeling Career

Attached: 81NfL0y9p1L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 274.96K)

Which was always interesting to me because, as much as I love and respect Plant, his voice got worse but Page's playing got better

youtu.be/v8pM40E62II
Page's solo and playing on this one rivals anything he did with Zep. Anyone that said he ran out of ideas was crazy

Wasn't it Plant who said that. He's right too.

Coverdale actually sounds great though and his voice was a perfect fit. If LZ ever was gonna do an reunion and Plant bitched out again Coverdale would be an excellent replacement

Blamp

Has JPJ done anything interestign except playing with Them Crooked Vultures?

why did Page turn native american btw?

Lol isn't he like 1/4 or 1/8 Asian? Add in the fact he's almost 80 and your skin starts to sag and lose collagen which makes your eyes squinty

Not sure. I feel like you never hear anything about him but I'm sure he's been quietly producing this whole time

I think Plant is just a more inviting person whereas Page is an egotistical dickhead and is kind of insufferable outside of the context of Led Zeppelin. Lead guitarists in general are just the fucking worst. Even when they're brilliant they can't seem to understand that people want things out of the other members too. Like that guitar thread that died earlier; a dude asked for recommendations on a bass because his died or some shit and got called a failed guitarist. So did the dude who teaches lessons; failed guitarist. Basically anyone who isn't the best guitarist is a failed guitarist. Meanwhile nobody who plays something else gives a shit.

It's gotten so bad that the electric guitar just irritates me now and I've been listening to solo bassists and guitar-free tracks by groups like Renaissance Sound (violinist, electric bassist, drummer, and vibraphonist). Occupying the high ranges means only that. Worshipping the electric guitar is boomer shit. Pick the shit up and express yourself, you aren't fucking Mozart.

>gets filtered by banter
did you cry when coach grabbed your skin flabs at football practice too?

Attached: 1653987573428.jpg (591x862, 133.72K)

>Jimmy Page on David Coverdale:
>>"David Cover-version"

You mean Robert Plant on David Coverdale? :)

His pre-Zeppelin career is even better

Attached: yardbirds66.jpg (1280x719, 189.76K)

>members of led zeppelin criticizing anyone for relying on covers

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 332.27K)

Plant's voice has been shot since the mid 70s. You could hear it as early as Physical Graffiti. The range and force he had on the early records was lost and he just stuck to a wimpy middle range while his high notes sounded like a crying baby.

Did a guitarist fuck your oneitis at a party? Holy shit you're mad

Your voice would be shot too if you were singing the stuff he was
I'm not surprised it happened

I really wish it was just banter but my interactions with guitarists in real life have been much, much worse. Wanting to be a lead guitarist is a mental illness. Duo's like Tim Henson and Scott LePage or Animals as Leaders are much more listenable because there's a cooperative element and not just one guy's wanking while the other guys play the metronome. I know two really fucking good guitarists, one of which is my own father, who couldn't play gigs because they couldn't cooperate with a band and wanted to be turned way up over the rest of the band and have it all be about them. Neither went anywhere, not even just projects for fun. "Stardom or nothing" mentality.

The shockingly good young guitarists I knew in high school have all quit. The drummers and bassists actually still play though, which tells me a lot.

Country guys who just want to strum chord patters and sing a good old jig are my kinda people.

>Country guys who just want to strum chord patters and sing a good old jig are my kinda people.
I love minimalist "3 chords and the truth" campfire playing as much as the next guy but holy shit if this isn't a giant wall of copium

Attached: 614.jpg (600x800, 52.73K)

No I won't allow electric guitarists into my social circle because of the likelihood of narcissism. I never thought I'd be classifying affinity for a specific instrument to be a red flag, but electric guitar is the biggest, reddest flag.

How's the solo project going? Got a Youtube link for me string boy? You play your strings real fast string boy?

I was about to ask you the same thing but then I realized the only instrument you can play is the skin flute