Why is modern Post-Punk so shit?

Why is modern Post-Punk so shit?

Attached: 076F3DF4-D151-4565-871E-D44781AA51BA.jpg (450x450, 70.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

consequence.net/2022/03/noel-gallagher-rock-middle-class/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The real working class has no access to the arts anymore

Is the intended subtext of this album cover that the girls are quietly deciding whether or not to have a threesome with you, while you sit on the edge of the bed?

Because that's the impression that I get, and it arouses me.

fpbp, it's a real shame too. tons of old post punk bands were working class intellectuals

>bed
chae slong

Thank you confirming my suspicions that botposters exist on every board.

This. Post Punk, Goth, Industrial, and EBM have been taken over by rich kids.

Reminds me of this article with Noel Gallagher - consequence.net/2022/03/noel-gallagher-rock-middle-class/.

Don’t ask the indie darling why their parents’ names are blue on Wikipedia

>t. incel

Even for a term as vaguely defined as "post-punk" this clearly ain't it. Also, "post-punk revival" is, without question, the worst non-existent genre label ever cooked up in the history of music """journalism"""

I agree. Bcnr and black midi are full of shit

Neither of these bands are specifically Post-Punk first and even if they are they’re the good ones

>I’ve never listened to post punk

the fuck? just get ableton and a scarlett and a bass and a mic

second this, we live on the are on the era of information. Get a grip.

We live in an era where the working class has too m much access to the arts if anything, its why music has become so oversaturated with mediocre crap. Bro literally just pick up a cheap $100 Indonesian plywood guitar and make lo-fi acoustic punk shit

Can any fan here explain me what the cover should mean? Is it a sad lesbian couple for what reason or what?

Left is so fucking pretty though

Attached: newFile-6.jpg (1200x799, 108.34K)

Ehh, Wet Leg are fine
The new Black Country New Road is fucking great though

I'm now seeing their music videos on MTV and shit. About time they mixed it up. Now they just need to show some beabopbadoobee or some Claio and i'll be happ

Every variant of indie music in the 21st century has been almost exclusively populated by people from very very rich and extraordinarily privileged backgrounds, and that has been nothing but greatly exacerbated by the internet and social media. All of these bands that are coming out are industry plants being pushed on us. Horsegirl for example is the latest flavor of the month and it's the same story there.

Julian casablances is the most prominent example being the son of trump associate and model agency CEO john casablancas. outside of that just to name a few, Animal collective all went to expensive private schools. Beach House singer's grandpa is a household name french composer. Clairo comes from millionaire dad. Real Estate all rich kids.

Literally all of these bands, king krule too, they're all these London private school rich offspring. EVEry single fucking time. if you are not born into the 1% privileged you CANNOT go anywhere in music since the late 90s.

I want to thank you for this because i've thought about this whole thing a lot and i think you hit the nail on the head, that's actually exactly it. the gates have been closing for decades.

But it's also kind of a tale as old as time. Picasso etc. every "great" artist came from a privileged background relative to the time and went to art school. This has been an ongoing thing for hundreds of years. Arts have always been gatekept. I mean look up "folk art" or "naive art" that's supposed to be what the "common folk" i.e. equivalent to most normal people were able to make. Being good or outstanding at the arts requires training, very very very few people are gifted enough to be good without proper molding of their abilities. Phenom type stuff is some hollywood bullshit more or less. You can be talented as hell but will be greatly stunted without time and money. And if you have to work all the time to stay alive you can't dedicate as much time to honing you abilities.

Examples please

>no support from the government
>you literally have to work to buy gear
>you have to find local people who want to be in a band
>you have to find a market for a dying genre
>you have to have a sound in an overproduced, overcompressed sterilized genre
>you have to sell
>you have to tour

I don’t know, Mac Demarco, Jpeg, Death Grips, Wavves (lol), The Growlers, Janelle Monae, Brockhampton, all grew up pretty goddamn poor and, whatever you think of them, are major ‘indie’ stars today. It’s like that guy says: Anyone can make music now, it’s just hard for it to get heard. And of course now there’s this huge issue with record label ceo’s trying to get their talentless nieces careers as ‘bedroom pop’ musicians because they don’t have the looks to be pop stars. This is really horrible for indie, and it pushes the genre away from noisiness/experimenting/having a sense of humor, but most of these acts get rejected like a transplant within a few years

I hate to break your illusions retard, but punk has ALWAYS been the realm of rich/middle class kids making music in their parents garage or pretentious arthouse fucks. If you think punk was ever working class then I think you're very fucking confused, because usually that was folk or indie or hippie music. Punk was never about that no matter how much anyone tried to make it. It was a kneejerk reaction to the hippie movement. Thats it

Attached: download.jpg (256x256, 8.87K)

Also Protomartyr and I think Women/Preoccupations are working class

We're specifically talking about Post-Punk

Picasso was pretty poor early in his life iirc, also you do have people like Schubert, Celine, Coltrane, Klimt, Hitler etc who grew up in varying degrees of serious poverty and still managed to become famous

But yeah, you’re actually right. All these other bands seem very much like rich kids