I tried really hard to like Bowie (this album specifically)...

I tried really hard to like Bowie (this album specifically), but I've come to the conclusion I only really like the ambient part on the Berlin trilogy.

And I'm sorry, but Blackstar is not that great. What was an artist like him thinking? "I'm leaving this world with such an over polished, modern album. This will be it, surely."

Attached: 1645881538740.png (300x300, 54.8K)

He did demos for another album after Blackstar, it wasn't supposed to be his last one.

Blackstar's middle area is beautiful

He specifically wrote Blackstar knowing it would be his last. That's one of the main themes of the album

'I'm a blackstar, I'm a blackstar'

Obviously it ties in with his illness and death, but it wasn't supposed to be his last, it just ended up that way, the follow up album was supposed to be more upbeat and happy.

JOOOOOEEEE THE LIOOOOOOOOOOON

Link pls?

your moms middle area is beautiful

Blackstar, as in CHOCOLATE STARFISH

Uh, thanks?

You have to start with Bowie 67 and go chronologically or you won't get it

the more Bowie you listen to eventually it clicks and the better it all sounds

But his so-called best releases sound so characteristic of their time. The ambient part appeals to me because it's different from all the rest of the noise and it's really, really good

OH YOU
YOU WALK ON PAST
YOUR LIPS CUT A SMILE ON MY FACE

>
>
>
>
>
>DA DA DA DUM
>DA DA DA DUM

the ambient part of heroes is his best work

Tony Visconti said it, he said he was excited to get back in the studio then he died. Hope they release the demos someday. The tis a pity she was a whore demo is great

Thanks. I hope so too.

Berlin Trilogy it’s too awesome, I like Blackstar too but not on the same level.
For me a last conscious album before death it’s You Want It Darker, though Cohen did start another album after it.

I'm revisiting Bowie in depth after growing up with a singles best-of and Ziggy as a kid. It really feels so great, hard to describe. Emotional even. One of my favorites since childhood was Sound and Vision, but I could do without that hissing sound in the left channel. Always thought it sounded like a cartoon fuse being lit.

low > heroes
heroes literally has the best production in any rock album from the 70s, but all the actual normal bowie tracks from side a are subpar