ITT: Old school hip hop

ITT: Old school hip hop

Decided to check this out after seeing De La Soul be mentioned multiple times on the god awful Rolling Stones' top 200 hip hop records list and I've gotta say, I haven't had this much fun listening to music in a long time.

Attached: DeLaSoul3FeetHighandRisingalbumcover.jpg (316x316, 34.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmXZOI7cM0M
youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjwut
youtube.com/watch?v=3uWlrbEx4QU
youtube.com/watch?v=QDQ-VqRcxZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=gixctaZAseY
youtube.com/watch?v=GSszWXkDHa8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mAK3uB2_0
youtube.com/watch?v=FShE0VifCYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For me its Me Myself and I

For me, it's Change In Speak

this is my #1 oldschool rap tune
youtube.com/watch?v=cmXZOI7cM0M

Attached: Di6MaSrU4AAdBZ7.jpg (979x800, 74.15K)

Check oyoutube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjwut Souls of Mischief

Video is not available in my country.

Attached: cringe.jpg (1024x962, 66.77K)

Bro are these guys known for their samples? They got samples on samples on samples on this record, I just heard these motherfuckers sample Hall and Oates, I fuckin love Hall and Oates.

For me, its Buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=3uWlrbEx4QU
youtube.com/watch?v=QDQ-VqRcxZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=gixctaZAseY
try these

youtube.com/watch?v=QDQ-VqRcxZ8 This one works, thank you, good sir.

Their use of wordplay is the best for me

Yeah, this shit is insane. I was getting bored of hip hop/rap for a bit, but this may have reignited the love.

yep that's something you could get away with in the late 80s and just stack samples for insane production. Though 3 feet high is nothing in comparison to paul's boutique

old school hip hop is always fun. it's danceable, self reflecting and most of it is positive. rap is garbage now because everyone wants to be a thug.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSszWXkDHa8

Good pick, user. Here’s mine.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mAK3uB2_0

Attached: F22C42D5-54BD-430A-944F-12CBE33985D4.png (1324x748, 201.75K)

Attached: Divine Music From a Jail.jpg (1280x720, 149.66K)

Blessed thread

Wasn't New School Hip Hop once upon a time a thing that started in the early 80s with LL Cool J, Beastie Boys, and Run DMC? Meaning De La Soul and stuff counted as New School not Old School. How come everyone these days counts all hip hop before like the year 2000 as old school?

>live in DC area
>Go-Go was more popular than hip hop until the late 80's
>ass shaking was classier than twerking back then
youtube.com/watch?v=FShE0VifCYs

De La Soul are fucking fantastic (esp Buhloome Mindstate) and what’s happened to them is one of the saddest stories in music. Essentially Nobody knows them anymore because they have no rights to their music due to a technicality with the sample clearance which allwed them to sell physical records but doesn’t give them the rights to their own music, so it’s unavailable on streaming and nobody knows about this group or how good they were.

Literally a Tribe Called Quest or Pete Rock and CL Smooth level quality group slipped through the cracks and completely forgotten. No Kanye or Kendrick collabs, no tv show appearances, no shoutouts, nothing. It must have cost them millions of dollars in lost revenue by now. They got absolutely fucked