Why is this board so shit?

what was it like before? was it always like this?
80% is celebrity worship and the remainder is pretending to like the shittiest music imaginable (because it's underground)

Attached: ?.jpg (225x225, 6.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KqJAnW5hDA
old.sage.moe/mu/search/text/dragonforce/order/asc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

on a hands-off forum like Any Forums, the lower the barrier of entry, the shittier the board is (e.g. Any Forums and Any Forums).
most people here just shitpost and know fuck all about anything

>Any Forums
>into underground music
I wish.

by extension of this,
this kind of design has no protection against the inevitable degeneration of quality overtime

I've only been here since 2014, but Any Forums was shit then, just less shit. Instead of chart and sales worship, people treasured obscurity, but only recent obscurity in alternative records. Much less negro music, way less sjw politics. Now even /meal/ often repeats the mantra of "if it doesn't sell, it's bad"

used to be.

Any Forums has been shit since 2014, the best years were 2006-2011. You just had to be there.

Attached: 1651792743719.jpg (500x498, 119.9K)

The hipster are upset that I have destroyed another le thing that they love. Can I be stopped?

hopefully you kill yourself soon.

It's always been like this

My earliest time being here was '05 - this place has been plagued by bullshit of different varieties the entire time. This place used to be pretentious tripfag central, but back then it was saved by mediafire-centric sharethreads. Sure, sharethreads are still a thing, but in the age of streaming they aren't as widely contributed to or vital as they once were. It's been genuinely terrible since about 2012 - just like the rest of the internet has been, in all honesty.

zoomers

You’re just lazy like everyone else. You want a plethora of intriguing suggestions handed to you on a silver platter. Fuck you, dig, faggot!

because of you, frogposter.

>2006-2008
Unironically mostly power metal, prog rock/metal, dad rock, dad metal, internet-tier nerdy music (soundtracks), touhou music, weird sporkcore

>2009-2012
p4k-core, tripfagcore, fantanocore pedestrian "white guy"-core hiphop, underground shit, doubling down on avant-garde, indie rock, post-rock, shoegaze, I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIII-

>2013-2017
Irony, post-irony, post-post-irony. I-only-listen-to-it-ironically-because-it's-badcore, w-wait-it's-actually-pretty-enjoyable-but-i'm-still-being-ironic-core, i-unironically-like-bad-things-because-i-didn't-get-the-jokecore
youtube.com/watch?v=0KqJAnW5hDA

>2018-2022
Largely what you see in the catalog, a mix of the previous area but with more unironic people with unironic shit taste.

era*

What is tripfagcore music?

>it was slightly less shit then
>LOL YOU LOVED IT
You been sniffing glue, son?

fbpb

>youtube.com/watch?v=0KqJAnW5hDA
This is the most Any Forums thing I've ever watched

whatever these faggots liked

Attached: 1628339142201.jpg (1411x881, 313.35K)

wish I could experience Any Forums around 2008

Why would you want to be around hipsters?

tripfags in the very late 2000s and early 2010s populated Any Forums in droves, more than any other board.
Because they were always seeking attention, and because they stood out, they'd flaunt around their tastes all over the board. This created massive cults of personalities surrounding a bunch of named autists where non-tripfags unironically cataloged and made recc charts based on various tripfags tastes and shit.
It's from this era where a lot of the first Any Forumscore that are still around were establsihed.

why not. imagine how much sovl Any Forums had back in the days.

crazyaga ;_;7

Any Forums before 2009 was a completely different place, fucking Dragonforce was the most popular band on this board.
old.sage.moe/mu/search/text/dragonforce/order/asc/

>literally 11,000 posts between 2006-2008

Attached: Dragonforce car wall.jpg (800x600, 128K)