She is fucking ruined thanks to Netflix. All my patrician cred down the drain...

She is fucking ruined thanks to Netflix. All my patrician cred down the drain. I used to pick up women by asking "You ever heard of Kate Bush? It's real artsy you'll love it". I even have a fucking shirt of hers. Completely ruined and now every 13 year old zoomer knows who she is. Now what the fuck do I say? Have you heard of Joanna Newsom?

Attached: katebush.jpg (1000x1000, 126.08K)

so many 80s female artists just pick a new one like Debbie Harry

Are you retarded? Everyone knows Debbie Harry

Listen to Black Magick SS. No zoomer would claim them because le bad german guys symbol on le album covers.

Do you like Phil Collins?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

name drop shit like angel olsen

sounds like the woman your trying to impress are young since they dont know kate bush. so i dont see the issue.

No American

Stop trying to fuck 13 year old girls

The short-term strat here is to go deep into the catalogue. They know who she is, but it’s likely they’ll just know Running Up That Hill. That’s when you talk about your favorite cut from The Dreaming.
Long-term, you need to become David Gilmour and discover the next Kate Bush. That’s the only way to reassert your cred, ultimately.

No because you will just seem like a guy who got into her because she got popular. You can't win

In 1989 everyone knew that I was deep into Kate Bush and wished everyone Happy Katemas on her birthday.
Suck on it zoomers.
t.boomer

I feel the same way.

>Now what the fuck do I say? Have you heard of Joanna Newsom?
Pat Benatar. Thank me later.

>le hippy nazis
cringe

kek

Tori Amos.

tory anus

>Pat Benatar
Do people not know Hit Me With Your Best Shot now at least?
Using Nazi symbolism to be counter culture is retarded, shock value is cheap and does not hide lack of talent
Black Magick SS may just legitimately be Nazis though I'm not sure with them

Attached: nancyreagan.jpg (464x700, 75.8K)

Nigga if you don't shut your dumb da dum dum goofy head ahh up. Is that how quality is defined for you? Wahhhh other people like what I like now I'm no longer based wahh.

We Belong is one of my favorite songs

Same here. Not that many songs that hit like that.