You may not like it...

You may not like it, but we here at the patrician department have decided that this is objectively the second greatest album of all time.

Attached: R-1592937-1272365173.jpg (300x300, 6.63K)

And Black Sea is number one.

I really don't see what everyone sees in this band... I like some of their songs but I find them pretty inconsistent.

Are you an Anglo? Or even White?

REM are better than XTC in every possible way

That's a weird comparison. You're weird

t. 67 year old rolling stone journalist

based XTC poster

I dunno about second greatest, but it's certainly high up there. One of the albums that got psychedelia right--it's abstract, synesthetic, etc. honestly just reinforces the beauty of our species & the world around us as you listen. plus, pretty witty lyricism all around, can't scoff at that. shame they're british

That’s correct. With the first being Pet Sounds, of course.

>removes Dear God (depending on which release you have)
Ah, there is is. Kino. There’s the kino, everyone. Perfection.

ANDY PARTRIDGE IS A PUSSY

sounds like animal collective but worse

I KNEW HE WAS DIFFERENT IN HIS SEXUALITY

>shame they're british
That's why they're any good, nonce

If it wasn't for The Meeting Place, I would say this album was overrated, but yeah it's a 10.
However, White Music and Go2 are better, D&W and Black Sea as well.

every one in a while I think "do I like XTC?" and I'll look up some songs, and then I remember I do not like XTC. it's been a little while and I can't remember what it was I didn't like about them. at this point I still remember that I definitely don't like XTC. but eventually I'll forget that and the cycle will begin anew.

ditto for Elvis Costello

>However, White Music and Go2 are better, D&W
you can't seriously believe this
what artists do you like?

I say whyyyyy in Heaven's name do you check THESE TRIPS (these trips)

as far as british alternative stuff from the 80s goes, I like New Order, The Comsat Angels - Sleep No More, Squeeze - Argybargy, and a smattering of songs by Tears For Fears, Talk Talk, Chameleons

XTC seems like it would be up my alley, but I don't like any song I've heard by them. Is there one XTC song that is the song for people who think they don't like XTC? The "top songs" that come up in a search are no good. What's the hidden gem that blows everything else away?