Ryuichi Sakamoto has stage 4 cancer

>Japanese musician and composer Ryuichi Sakamoto revealed that he has been battling stage IV cancer in a monthly magazine released Tuesday.

>Sakamoto has made public being diagnosed with throat cancer in 2014 and rectal cancer in 2021. But the 70-year-old Oscar- and Grammy-winning pianist had made no announcements about how advanced his cancer was.

>Stage IV means that the cancer has spread to other organs or parts of the body and that the patient's prognosis is poor.

>Sakamoto discussed in detail his cancer diagnosis and how he has been coping with it in an article titled "Living with Cancer" printed by the literary magazine "Shincho."

>In it, he revealed that he underwent surgery last October and December to remove cancer that had spread to both lungs.

>The article is the first installment of a new series of articles titled "How Many More Times Will I See the Full Moon?" the musician plans to author in the magazine, mainly about his musical activities since 2009 and his views on life and death.

>Sakamoto released a statement on the launch of the series. In it, he said, "Since I have made it this far in life, I hope to be able to make music until my last moment, like Bach and Debussy I adore."
english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/06/b1084a3fc49c-japanese-musician-ryuichi-sakamoto-battling-stage-iv-cancer.html

Attached: ryuichi-sakamoto-reportedly-battling-stage-4-cancer.jpg (1505x1300, 170.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DUmG1SlR8fs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly just happy he's lived this long. I thought he would have gotten him earlier

First Andy Fletcher, now this. Synth-pop is bad for your health.

He should make an album instead of writing in a magazine. Best wishes for the poor dude, hope he makes it

It should have been me. Why must the good die young?

Goddamn.
Like the other dude said in the other thread, at least he won't have to live in this shitty world anymore, but i still think he's going too soon, he will be missed.

i remember when beethoven was "terminally ill" but survived and made music afterwards. he'll be alright bros.. right?

damn that sucks, he's a genius

That's what he gets for participating in the NFT grift.

Will other musicians who bought into the scam begin dropping like flies?

Jesus Christ.

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=DUmG1SlR8fs

nigga is 70 and dying from ass cancer yet won't give up on cringy anime hair, asians lmao

hehe u sure got him with that zinger bro woweee

Damn was just listening to this the other day it’s pretty good

Attached: D319DBA8-92AB-4803-AC32-7537F5B5BDC8.jpg (333x299, 16.44K)

While I saw the news in a thread yesterday, I thought this was already the announcement that he's gone. My heart legitimately sank for a second. Yes, crying about people you don't know is dumb, I'm aware. More that his work has been with me at multiple critical turning points of my life. Also extremely respectable that he's still not ready to turn in the towel

the BABEL song FUCKING SUCKS!!!! people who think its good only listen to the first five second. FUCK HIM.

>its bad on purpose

EAT SHIT!

I suspected as much when he announced his recurrence in 2021 after his initial battle with cancer in 2014. Both my parents have battled it as well so I sort of understand how things must be around his friends and family. Yukihiro Takahashi also had brain cancer and had surgery to remove the tumor last year, he still had to go through chemo and recently posted for his birthday, he too does not look great. Sakamoto might go in a few months or a year at the most, with Takahashi not long after. Surprisingly Hosono who is 5 years older than them, still smokes, and looked ill 10 years ago, right now looks a lot healthier and seems to be doing comparatively better.

I too will cry. The guy has been my biggest influence.

Awful. This week grandpa found out he has stage IV pancreatic cancer that’s spread to the lungs and to the bone. Watching him grieve over his possibly imminent death is heartbreaking, he tears up all the time at the thought of not accomplishing some of his dreams

also, hate to brag, but I got to see Sakamoto live 2 times, YMO 2 times, and Hosono once. I consider myself super lucky.

chuds said this about the vaccine

Shieeeeeet, YMO is gonna drop dead as soon as I start getting into them.