What the fuck was their problem?

Attached: 4DEF90F3-B85F-45C5-A942-40DD315BC434.jpg (828x1078, 90.69K)

too high tbqhwyop

Pitchfork is not relevant in the slightest anymore. not even here lmao

If it's enjoyable to listen to, Pitchfork hates it. They're the puritans of music criticism; you need to suffer and music needs to be like a dremel in your cerebellum for it to get a good Pitchfork review.

i love the album but mostly for its place in history; 1999 was as good as human civilization is going to get and Play was the soundtrack to it. but that canned Korg Triton sound hasn't aged well at all

>he thinks Moby is good

he wrote this album with a fren and then didnt credit the guy with co-production. there's a doco or podcast about it floating around the web
don't ask me where tho
i used not mind this album but when you hear people talk about moby before he got famous you find out he's a real piece of shit
also he stole all most of the samples without clearance, only after it sold millions he paid the rights holders

Play is enjoyable. I'm indifferent the rest of his output.

isnt 5 a good score? its pretty mid

literally muh appropriation of ethnic beats. oh yeah, and blacks programmed drum machines too right? lmao at (((leftism)))

I remember when this came out. It was fucking everywhere out of the blue. I dont think irish billie came close. Even a child could tell you something wasnt adding up about this guy and his "music". I remember thinking this is nice, I am enjoying it, but its just wrong. And it was.

to be fair Moby is fucking unbearable

this was the better commercial electronic album

Attached: cd-fatboy-slim-You-Ve-Come-A-Long-Way-Baby-10th-Anniversary-Edition-CD2-cover-800x800.jpg (800x800, 198.83K)

There is like 5 good songs on it.

HEYHO HONEY COMEBACK SOMETIME
I WANNA RAP LIKE THAT SOMETIME
TAKE ME OVA THERE

Attached: 1654709873592.gif (869x404, 300.96K)

Because you have to pay for it now

I miss when Pitchfork actually had the balls to write negative reviews

I think every single track was used in a commercial or in some other media.

Yes, notable for being the first album to do so.

>Jack Harlow: 2.9
>Donda 2: 4.3
>MOTM3: 4.9 (still mad)

This is Play for non normies
Kalifornia alone is better than 90% of play

>samples blues records
>puts hip hop beats on it
cringe