Why would steve albini sell out

why would steve albini sell out

Attached: big-black-songs-about-fucking-Cover-Art.jpg (600x600, 64.26K)

Because he isn't a retard and knows money is good for you.
Just like Isaac Brock did the right thing for himself and sold out to actually be able to provide for his family while doing the bare minimum.

but it made his music so much worse

I like Shellac
Everything else he did after Big Black is production if I recall correctly

Why is the inside of her mouth white

All the gambling

Attached: steve.png (683x782, 1.03M)

yeah i meant the production stuff, just compare big black to nirvana, it became so much worse

Attached: 1649008615765.jpg (1080x707, 140.9K)

you're forgetting Rapeman

Because he's a nonce.

The real question is why won't he apologize?

Attached: 1602446615855.jpg (1000x500, 42.77K)

shellac > big black

albini and weston found trainer, unique trio

when did he sold out?

that's before Big Black, no?

Anyone know why all Big Black and Shellac got removed from Spotify?
Is he mad at Joe Rogan?

Big Mac - Songs About Eating

Yeah, and I think Steve hated how much Spotify was stealing from artists. However, they're still on Apple music and every other popular streaming service.

Attached: UzduAeK.png (625x746, 85.27K)

After

Attached: 1559294091041.png (600x595, 248.48K)

It's mostly the Joe Rogan thing, because he wanted to be like Neil Young or Joni Mitchell, and be praised for sticking it to the chuds. Which is why his music is still on other streaming platforms. Unlike them, he's never had a sincere bone in his body. He never really cared for streaming to begin with, since he thought that would take his precious money away from him. If you want to look for yourself, I'd suggest googling "hipinion badhat albini" or something like that, and finding the Hipinion thread where badhat (now under the name "board ghost") talks about how he argued in favor of file-sharing on Albini's forums (Electrical Audio forums, which Albini has nuked from the web), and Albini and his sycophants argued with him. The very next day, Albini went on NPR and plagiarized badhat's argument, so he could be praised as the music industry guy on the peoples' side. Really what Albini wants you to do is shell out money for expensive vinyl reissues of his back-catalog.

I get it. But does he really believe in his head that expensive vinyl reissues are the superior listening experience or does he just hate streaming.

To answer OP's question, he never sold out, because he never had integrity to begin with. Say what you want to about Henry Rollins, but the guy was always "woke" so his public persona actually makes sense. I admire Rollins for that, despite how cringe he can be (eg. "Family Man"). The whole "right-wingers hate him because he's a leftist" thing actually applies to Henry Rollins. It doesn't for Albini. Albini idolizes D. Boon, but keep in mind what prompted Boon to write "This Ain't No Picnic" (his boss's racist tirade against jazz). Now look at Albini's first interview with SPIN:
>Without prompting, he rants against "beatbox disco rap" as an aesthetically empty music buoyed by white guilt; when confronted with his ignorance on the subject, he says, "I should listen to music I hate just to hear how bankrupt it is?"
D. Boon would have immediately understood what kind of guy he was, and it wasn't "I was just ironically racist" the whole time like his recent non-apology makes him out to be.
Ask yourself why he freaked out so much over Odd Future () over one single run-in, vs why he's always there to proclaim the kindness of Peter Sotos. Maybe he's just a racist or maybe it's this> (), but either I wouldn't ever want to associate with a man who used CP photos for his "art", let alone writing praise for that "art" (pic related), let alone describe him as a "good person," or "dear friend" "whom I implicitly trust."

Attached: ElDXHyrX0AEUoEp.jpg (1053x504, 238.79K)