Thoughts on v-kei?

thoughts on v-kei?

Attached: Без названия.jpg (259x194, 13.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK3BJXIJerI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The genre would benefit immensely from having more clown-themed bands.

Attached: コージ.jpg (500x750, 92.52K)

Overall pretty shit but there are some real gems hidden there.

Attached: Davidshitoal.jpg (500x316, 39.93K)

The outfits are kewl when your 14 and wish you could be dressed like that even the ones who dress like girls then you grow up and kinda look at it and realize it’s kinda cringe but visual kei when it’s toned down looks nice when it’s like this

Attached: ECAFC10F-217E-4C77-925F-540C57F9059E.jpg (1242x2208, 505.1K)

I only really like surface level bands like Malice Mizer, Dué le quartzand Dir en Grey. Tried a few others in my teenager years but they're all so cookie-cutter.

How come zoomers and 30 year old millennials aren't into visual kei/j-rock anymore?

I would cringe if a saw a 30 year old listening to visual kei also zoomers were never into it to begin with

>I would cringe if a saw a 30 year old listening to visual kei
That's exactly who their target audience was, except they were teenagers in the 2000's.

I mean if your 30 and still listen to it

>due le quartz
kind of the definiton of cookie cutter.
try kagrra, lamiel or merrygoround

I still like Malice Mizer and all eras of Dir en Grey

Attached: 1643311448451.jpg (973x837, 116.12K)

Only Dir En Grey song I like is AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS

>kind of the definiton of cookie cutter.
Probably, but they were one of those bands that just stuck for me. I don't like Miyavi's solo music but I like his guitar work with them.
They are sure as hell better than Alice Nine and the gazette.
>try kagrra, lamiel or merrygoround
Forsure. Next time I'm in a mood for it i'll check them out.

childhood is listening to "j-rock" and major visual kei like gazette or an cafe
adolescence is listening to angura bands and very indie kvlt 90s kote kei
adulthood is listening to "j-rock" like Number Girl and B'z
ascendedhood is getting into positive punk and proto-vk bands

You should like the rest of The Marrow of the Bone then

Cuh-ringe-uh

listen to VINUSHKA and come again.
also DEG is releasing a new album in like a week or so. There's samples up.

Oh yeah, I like Kuroyume as well even tho they're proto-DEG

Attached: 1623444350463.png (500x500, 371.08K)

There is a zoomer VK community, they're on twitter and other social media. They often complain about how oldheads are elitists and don't like neo VK, but there's some cool ones who, while liking modern VK, also appreciate the classics.
Anyway the best time to be a VK fan was the late 90s/early 00s. Internet was still primitive, and the community was not gigantic, in fact quite small. It was fun to discover new bands without things like streaming or instant information about bands online. It was all mysterious and, well, foreign. Kinda like a musical adventure, discovering this wild japanese music subculture that had guys looking like super saiyans or Final Fantasy characters.

>the best time to be a VK fan was the late 90s/early 00s
Literally this.
I'm a zoomer myself and turning 20 in a couple days and my journey to VK began like 4-5 years ago, DEG got me into it, and im still remaining loyal to them (progmetal era included) though this fanboy-phase obsession is wearing off. I like to come back to vkei every now and often, bands like Kuroyume, Luna Sea and already mentioned early DEG. I felt like an explorer finding out about these bands back then bc vkei was never really big and none of the people i knew were familiar with even Japanese music, let alone vkei. It got me to explore more about it, listen to more japanese music and learning the language, so i never regret being a part of the community, not caring about being called a weeb occasionaly

>turning 20
You were never part of the community to begin with

This is PEAK visual kei and you can't tell me otherwise
youtube.com/watch?v=FK3BJXIJerI

Attached: 1625350377262.png (1000x1000, 1.25M)

Mana has to be pushing past 50 by now and still looks cute as hell

Attached: 1648098322010.png (1352x1729, 2.7M)