This shit makes me so happy

This shit makes me so happy

Attached: 1324754.jpg (900x506, 113.62K)

>2022
>still being owned by a label
why do artists need to do this in the age of bandcamp and shit?

Charli has a point but those other two nobodies need to beg for their supper

Unless you're fairly big and/or have a large cult following of fans that will constantly be updating to see if you are releasing new shit (I think JPEG is a good example of an artist who will do just fine without a label now), they are basically fucked. You don't even know how many artists have went that route that you don't really hear from anymore because they decided to say fuck you to record labels. Honestly, out of those three artists, I think Charli would do just fine without a record label. The other two? Not so much.

Designerclothes are expensive.
Whores beeing Whores

Seems like Charli xcx and Halsey would be popular enough to sustain themselves. Especially Charli xcx, she seems to have a pretty decent cult following, as well as some mainstream success. Hell, I remember this Halsey bitch having a couple hits a few years ago. Even that Twigs girl seems like she'd have enough of a following to be independent from this shit.

speaking as a non-label artist, i have spent years honing my craft on my own without any help from others releasing my own songs without any sort of monetary recompense for nearly 10 years. I do it because i love to make music. Getting the right mix out of the right samples just makes everything so worth it.

Maybe Charli's label is retarded or something. She has like 16 million Spotify listeners yet they have her play in venues that seat 1500 people. The show I went to was sold out very quickly and demand was high afterwards. They could have easily moved it to a bigger venue but they didn't

Have to disagree about Halsey, I think she's particularly irrelevant in the mainstream, especially when any artist's main goals nowadays are streams and total album sales. I think her target demographic was angsty, edgy fourteen-year-old girls back like half a decade ago, now I think a lot of them have grown up and moved on. I don't think she's irrelevant and she certainly does better than a lot of mainstream artists, but I don't think she'd survive without a label. I don't think she has the following for it.

A lot of artists have this issue, Joji and JPEG in particular

yeah there's a lot of artists out there able to make a few bucks off their artwork, more now than ever. but if you want to be bigtime you need to play by the rules now as ever

back then it was payola and radio access, now its marketing teams able to push through viral campaigns and manage every social media platform at maximum capacity

because now there's more music than ever before and your options are either turn yourself into a meme-machine like Lil Nas X to break through the noise, or go through it all the old fashioned ways and have teams of people help you do it via a label

Hilarious that their complaint is that it’s “hard work” and not that it’s shady and dishonest

And if you're wanting to be bigtime, it shows, and people won't care. Make music, cause you want to make music.

what an ugly cunt, I hope she gets gingivates

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 1.56.32 PM.png (390x578, 394.99K)

the eldritch horror of modern culture
i wonder if their label told them to make a tiktok complaining about their label telling them to make tiktoks so they appear more authentic
>ugh don't you just hate it when your boss tells you to do something
>im just like you

>i wonder if their label told them to make a tiktok complaining about their label telling them to make tiktoks so they appear more authentic
I'm guessing one singer did make a genuine complaint on Tik Tok and it was so popular every female singer was told to do it.

I used to not believe that she was mixed race like she claimed and that her parents were lying about her real father but now I see it.

Who are any of these people?

Metal bands never do such things

the middle one is fka twigs
the other's names are on in the image you just looked at then made a post asking who they are

Attached: 1301775692693.jpg (400x535, 33.92K)

>charlixcx
>halsey
Again... who?