It is now cool to like Hum by proxy of Deftones having a resurgence in popularity with zoomers

>it is now cool to like Hum by proxy of Deftones having a resurgence in popularity with zoomers
Fuck off. Let me be an outcast. This was my music. It spoke to me when nothing else did.

Attached: 1300085.jpg (500x491, 65.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMqfNzaOf10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wait how is Deftones related? I've never really listened to them, but I love Hum

Deftones are heavily "influenced" by both Hum and Failure. They are nothing more than an unoriginal copycat band, at least from what I've heard from them (their earlier records). The guitars are straight lifted from You'd Prefer An Astronaut, copying the loud fuzzy with hint of chorus tone played in dropped tunings that was Hum's signature. They have even been known to straight up copy riffs/progressions of better Hum songs (see below). Deftones are now in vogue for some reason with the younger generation, when they used to be looked at in the same light as Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Hum had the nerdy, less obnoxious, uncool fanbase that listened to alternative rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=tMqfNzaOf10

Hum deserves more respect beyond 'Stars'. They have an entire discography worth listening to, so what's wrong if Deftones inspires more people to do so? They're a phenomenal band that deserves to be heard.

'Stars 'is the hook in this album that makes me want to listen beyond the first few tracks.

It's not even especially interesting besides the massive guitar, the lyrics in the first few tracks felt more memorable imo

i think it has more to do with Inlet releasing and people finding out about the "alt rawk LEDGE ENDS and their le epic comeback album!!1!" via youtube music reviewers, but the Deftones association was likely a contributing factor. The first time I saw a Hum t-shirt in the wild was a month or two after Inlet released, and the dude wearing it was visibly younger than me. That was a weird experience.

I like both Hum and Deftones.
But there was a very small window of time when Deftones were lumped in with Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit before they broke away from that crowd.

Based

>be me
>sick a hum thread!
>it's some faggot crying because he's not the only hum fan on the planet
You missed the train to mars op, you'd definitely be the only hum fan on that planet.

Attached: 1653185291357.jpg (750x536, 56.22K)

>Deftones are heavily "influenced" by both Hum and Failure
That's really interesting. I recently got into all 3 bands and i had no idea they were connected like that. Hum was truly the blueprint

personally i'd like this thread gone and in its place the sun (i will be an astronaut)

>it is now cool to like Hum by proxy of Deftones having a resurgence in popularity with zoomers
I'm a zoomer and have seen 0 zoomers anywhere listening to hum.

Didn't millennials cry about boomers complaining that millennials were killing everything? Why do millennials do the same to zoomers?

those first few are killer. The Pod is what hooked me

>You missed the train to mars op
kek

>I'm a zoomer and have seen 0 zoomers anywhere listening to hum.
i'm a zoomer that listened to hum. that's why i'm in the thread

>loud fuzzy with hint of chorus tone played in dropped tunings that was Hum's signature.
it doesn't a genius to figure this out. Nobody thinks it's Hums idea unless they've never heard any other post-hardcore band from the 90s.

Downward is Heavenward Is their best album but you can't go wrong with any of their main studio albums. Also, Cloakroom and Spotlights are two other bands still releasing stuff with a similar sound

Agreed on Downward. I arguably enjoyed Inlet more than Astronaut.

I'm also a zoomer that listens to Hum. Granted, I don't have any friends, so I'm not sure if it's cool or not.

one good song on the entire album. I'd like your hair long

By the way, if you haven't, listen to Glifted. It's the guitarist and drummer making some great loop-based shoegaze.