Why did music get worse with time?

Why did music get worse with time?

Attached: E3C18DFB-7D9B-4F74-A38A-7C342E2F8FD8.jpg (2048x1694, 416.97K)

>2001
>The Beatles
...what?

It was some greatest hits cash grab, complete with "new" song and some creepy video.

They released "1" that year a big ass compilation

>Herb Alpert
huh?

There was a compilation album released in 2001 that made the Beatles popular again.

Oh. TY for the info. Cash grabs are a powerful tool, I suppose.

because people are getting stupider

They are eternal

Attached: B16B3781-ED9C-4777-B998-F22425D0660B.jpg (828x611, 94.08K)

Looks like it stayed exactly the same to me, OP: shit.

Hilarious how America had this big country revival in the late 2000s right after the rap boom

Looking at both columns, I see tons of shit and only a few good artists. Though I generally prefer pre-2000 music, looking through the top 20 from any given year shows you pop was almost always uninspired garbo. Even "legendary" years like 67 and 79 have some stupid shit that was extremely popular. A lot more people heard The Knack than Joy Division.

Poptimism.

the average person doesn't know what that is, stop projecting your obsession onto everything

What the cutoff? 1985?

I had no idea 50 cent was that big

Late stage capitalism and social media have ruined art entirely. And I'm no communist. Just the truth.

there used to be variety, you would get guns and roses, but then garth brooks, and then new kids on the block.

You look at the end of that pic and its just drake, swift, drake, swift

the entire idea of "late stage capitalism" is based on a marxist linear theory of history

The Telecommunications Act of 1996

Sure. I dunno. All I know is we dont get good movies anymore, but Doctor Strange 7 is probably popular or whatever.

de-evolution is real

>backing off of his statement as soon as he gets pushback

I'm not backing off anything broseph

50 years from now folks will look back and really praise taylor swift and adele