I'll say it: I think this album is unironically a great album...

I'll say it: I think this album is unironically a great album. I would legitimately put it in my top 10 albums of all time.

It acts as a deconstruction of the genre in a lot of ways, and actually forces the listener to interrogate what aspects of music they enjoy arbitrarily (ie, we're used to "rock" being certain forms or harmonies or notes or levels of "correctness"). The juxtaposition between a phenomenal duo playing well executed rock music and a person who explicitly doesn't know what he's doing really shines a spotlight on the grey area between these aspects, and the fact that people can recognize that there are genuinely good moments where actual communication between band members and musical intention reinforces the questions that it's trying to ask - can someone who doesn't know how to play music create good music? It is actually an unsung, postmodern, avant garde masterpiece.

There's tons of arguments to be made as far as whether or not it classifies as "good music", but I think it should unequivocally be recognized as "good art". Is this the most pretentious thing every said about this album? Probably, but I genuinely believe it.

Attached: NirvanaNevermindalbumcover.jpg (300x300, 39.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6B96NyaJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

7/10
simple as

i listened to it for the first time a few days ago, i only knew nirvana for their hits but listening to this whole thing made me appreciate them more and i liked it better than bleach which is the only other one i’ve heard

It is a great album. You can view it as part of that underground post-hardcore/noise rock lineage, or you can view it as grunge/alternative rock's big moment, or you can hear Kurt as basically a folky singer-songwriter. It's pretty remarkable that it's all those things at once.

If you like it, you might find this early influence interesting: youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6B96NyaJ4

How in the fuck is nevermind a post-modern avant-garde record? You're just spinning words together to sound smart. It's good for sure but what the fuck are you on about

>I'll say it: I think this album is unironically a great album. I would legitimately put it in my top 10 albums of all time.
wow, what a hot take. thanks for sharing.
based music enjoyer

Its just a shitty Wipers album with some stolen Killing Joke riffs and tranny singer, if you actually want a good and creative Grunge album, go listen to some Mother Love Bone or Soundgarden.

Punk rock is inherently post-modern. Avant garde not so much but the use of noise rock techniques is pretty impressive anyway

>Mother Love Bone
Laughable jam band
>Soundgarden
Cringy late 80's metal band
Mudhoney shits on both and so does Melvins

I love it because it's catchy music and also loud

>hating soundgarden
tranny confirmed

Tried those bands. The hair metal screaming and the "funky" bass is a big n-o, good buddy. A lot of the other "grunge" bands, besides the Melvins and Nirvana sound very dated and cluttered in their influences.

>art
It's really not that far removed from a Blink-182 album. Seek higher standards

Oh, the Wipers are really good and Killing Joke is as boring as listening to children speak.

You sound extremely gay

It's pretty far removed from a Blink 182 album. Nirvana doesn't sound like the opening theme for Laguna Beach or a Sketchers ad.

Based. I always listen to their live album which is even more noisy

No suprise you two like Nirvana so much, you both sound like funnless faggots.

>OMG IS THAT A METAL INFLUENCE I AM HEARING CRINGE CRINGE
>Is that a Funky bass and groove? NO ONLY WHYPIPO CAN*T PLAY FUNK OH NO NO MUSIC SHOULD ONLY BE ABOUT SHOOTING UP HEROIN AND CROSSDRESSING

Grunge was a mixture of Metal and Punk, if you faggots get turned off by Metal, go back listening to REM or some shit, Grunge without Metal influence is garbage.

Are you Flea or a "member" of his team? I love that shamalama funkadoodoo part in every song!
You put the fun in funky, dood!

you mad, bro?

>You are a faggot if you don't like grunge with metal
>but nirvana is shit because...because it is, ok?