Maybe I just don't like black metal, but I find it hard to believe that people actually want to listen to this

Maybe I just don't like black metal, but I find it hard to believe that people actually want to listen to this.

Attached: In the sign of evil.jpg (316x316, 15.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tjbMJUEPUUs&list=OLAK5uy_n90gxxXfC1L8V1jgAmerViUywGEimTk4o&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=IMy7g4sbNrg
youtube.com/watch?v=ufGgYuoUlqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That ain't black metal sir, Black Metal didn't exist before 1992

first off, that's not black metal.
second off, listen to pic related instead. it's better than sodom's entire discography and it singlehandedly defined the aesthetics for black metal. yes, even before bathory.

Attached: 10900.jpg (500x500, 47.84K)

Google would like a word.

Attached: Word.png (1237x537, 99.17K)

MY LIFE STARTS AT MIDNIGHT TWELVE
MASTURBATE TO KILL MY SELF

WRONG!
This album came out in 1982

Attached: 123408532_2764557417115359_5256930884625503083_n.png (600x600, 269.22K)

This has GOT to be from the 80s....

Not the OP, but I don't think you guys understand how the first wave of black metal worked.

Before the Norwegian "second wave" scene, black metal was basically an informal term for any metal bands that felt evil, dark, dirty, and nasty. Some bands we now just consider thrash, like Sodom and Sepultura, were often called black metal, and they're still key influences on that genre. The term was used so loosely, that in the loosest sense people even applied it to Slayer on occasion. If you'd told people that Hellhammer and Bathory were black metal and Sodom and Sepultura weren't, people would've looked at you funny.

Also, I keep seeing people saying Destruction were the best German thrash band, but I legit don't get it, I like Sodom, Kreator, and Tankard way more than them. Then again, I also like Testament more than any of the big four.

i thought you were dead euronymous. either way, go away

>makes a joke calling me Euronymous in response to explaining that lots of thrash bands were informally considered black metal
>Euronymous was literally the guy who made black metal exclusionary, and dictated what was and wasn't black metal
Confirmed for not knowing anything about black metal

First wave black metal is the only good wave of black metal

I don't disagree that Sodom is proto-black metal but imagine thinking google is the authority on what is and isn't black metal. yngmi

It's thrash metal

not black metal either

Yes it is.
It says so right on the front cover, clear as day, for all to see.

VENOM-BLACK METAL!
>Lay down your soul to the Gods, Rock and Roll....
youtube.com/watch?v=tjbMJUEPUUs&list=OLAK5uy_n90gxxXfC1L8V1jgAmerViUywGEimTk4o&index=1

this is what ive figured out so far

Attached: topsters2 (9).jpg (1700x1600, 682.39K)

Sodom is shit and unironically one of the worst 1st wave BM bands. This is a far more definitive piece of German 1st wave BM.
This user has the basics pretty much covered but I could also add on Messiah as another great starting point
youtube.com/watch?v=IMy7g4sbNrg

it's thrash metal, period

First wave is a meme
Not black metal

these guys suck too

Voivod's first album sounds a lot like Venom, yet is rarely mentioned. Is it too punk? I think it fits perfectly between all those first wave bm albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufGgYuoUlqQ

Attached: 81Oca+gZryL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 203.16K)

le epic trole