Tame Impala

Thoughts on this genius?

Attached: a3dec81c284c877d59056304e8d539.jpg (547x600, 102.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zKWlEej2j5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pWqueQ8JO9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kind of a boring retard

2 decent records. After that it's garbage.

Any Forums would like him if he wasn't mainstream

Ehhhhhhh, it’s alright he kinda sucks these days now. He basically larped as A modern John lennon made some alright music and then became a total hack, the most recent record was soulless garbage

Attached: 64C1A010-BDF7-4C24-B970-F6C632EF8512.jpg (640x480, 75.36K)

he still has it in him. but he is obssesed with becoming a popstar thats why the last record was soulless. come back to the psychedelic tame impaler

soldout + sold his soul + massive faggot

Baritone who tried to go tenor.
Too bad live he doesn't sound like in studio and he's fucking up his voice BIG time

Everything before the most recent album is high quality. Sadly, after I introduced my wife to his music she played it all the time and ran it into the ground. Never listen to him anymore.

1 hit wonder

>garage psych-rock records sucked hard and aged like milk
>"studio wizard" autist days records sucked hard and aged like milk
Wow what a genius

lonerism is fun stuff, it's not real psychedelic rock but it's still good
we used to have a tame Impala hate thread up at all times when I started coming here. that was before currents (which is kind of shit)

for the longest time I thought it was an actual band rather than a solo project...

>He basically larped as A modern John lennon
how? where? literally only his voice and the way he produces things sounds bealtes-ish/lennon-y. that's it. his music isn't like the beatles or lennons at all

Attached: 465e5365198889a6ecadefb9bcaae105.jpg (355x512, 34.96K)

It might be time to face it.

The fact that I have listened to this more than any of Kevin Parkers' actual music says everything.

youtu.be/zKWlEej2j5Q

>says everything.
yeah, that you need to go back.

used to listen to Tame a lot, but now I barely listen to him at all, especially after his last record that was disappointing
Only listen to his first album and EPs
youtube.com/watch?v=pWqueQ8JO9E

Attached: dogew.jpg (500x500, 65.04K)

>yeah, that you need to go back
That's right. Back to your mom's house. Cunt.

First album ok, Second album good, Third album mixed- a few songs (mainly ‘Let it Happen’, ‘Endors Toi’, and ‘Apocalypse Dreams’) are fantastic. The rest are just ok. I will say his production style on the third album is kind of interesting, he has actual chops as a producer. For some reason everyone on earth has been ripping off him and Mac Demarco for almost 10 years now. His new album is pointless. I’d say he’s a 7/10 or 8/10 indie musician, a second tier artist, who happened to get really really fucking huge for some reason. There are way worse people to get big, but I don’t see why he’s such a big deal. He’s good but not in the same class as even someone Trevor Horn to me

I will admit ‘Let it Happen’ is a classic song. That track is a monster. When I was 15 there was so much anticipation towards the end of the 3 year silence after Lonerism, and when he dropped that song people went absolutely fucking nuts. He didn’t come close to following it up but that’s the last time large amounts of people got really hyped about a rock musician, and for good reason

Not even the best track on that album.

How is his old psychedelic rock not real psychedelic? Pretty sure half the 60s artists weren't psychedelic either? No acsended trippy synths going on in The Doors really. Only crooning blues rock. Never found Beach Boys psychedelic either. Boring.