Pink Floyd

You can imagine how awkward that would have been.

Attached: X3LPPF17-1-1.jpg (983x985, 770.17K)

I don't know if Richard released a solo album. It'd be a shame if he didn't.

He did, two of them

Thanks.

Being Syd during the production of this album must have been painful

Attached: 1598618960203.jpg (239x211, 8.5K)

GOAT ALBUM

Syd here ama

Thank God there's a Pink Floyd discussion!

I expect he was out of it. Living in a basement in Cambridge couldn't have been that great though.

I don't know if they got in David genuinely to get rid of him. I don't think they had the nerve to sack him by the sound of it. Though my sources are contradictory.

They got David in to double his parts live, then at some point just stopped bothering to pick him up for gigs.

They couldn’t have continued with him. One of the reasons there isn't a clear cut sacking is that he was recording and composing their second album. And then there is the limp suggestion that he composed without touring or recording.

There are contradictory accounts. And there is a date when their management drop them from their roster (if there even was one) because they didn't believe they could carry on without him.

Mutual estrangement I suppose.

I know, I was getting concerned

his solo albums came out on the same label as Floyd with members of the band as producers so it seems like there wasn't ever a hard disconnect. IIRC he had the same managers/business people for his solo stuff and one or two failed bands after Floyd anyway, he was phased out more than fired.

Listen to more

Attached: 51EBA1WEEHL.jpg (301x300, 37.31K)

Couldn't hang with the big boys

HIGH TIME

Did you find the BT Tower particularly inspiring then?

That's a loud and fuzzy solo on their new release.

He totally dismantled music history and usurped every other band within a 25 mile radius.

I find Rick's contribution then the most interesting. His lack of compositional credit I find difficult to believe. I don't have much experience of music by committee but it's apparent that who was being credited was important to them.

How's your bicycle doing Rog?