What's the point of this album

what's the point of this album

Attached: MGMT - MGMT.jpg (1000x994, 130.95K)

What’s the point of any album? Tf?

Just to fill up discography space. The surfing cat one is the only good one, no wonder it's the only one tasked about here. The yellow one has only 3 good songs(Me And Michael, title track and TSLAMP). Everything else is fucking garbage.

The point is to notice the selly-ester watts field on the cover

Bait

I like Alien Days but the rest of the album hasn't clicked yet

wattd

Astro-Mancy best song

MGMT

quirked up white boys

I like this album far more than any others overall. still has shit songs though

bait

most of the songs have grown on me at this point besides a couple skips. plenty of girls in the sea sounds like mollusk-era ween which i love. your life is a lie is just silly fun. i love you too death sounds like an animal collective song which i’m not complaining about either

>wattd

swap Me & Michael with When You Die
also the cat one sucks and has 2 good songs (Siberian Breaks, Congratulations)

Has anyone else noticed the selly ester watts field on this album?

Hi.
Hi.
Hi.
Hi.

>MGMT not making more pop hits instead of being happy doing whatever they please is... LE BAD!

Attached: Screenshot_20220605-230550_Chrome.jpg (720x552, 81.09K)

Some argue they wanted a more psych rock album. I think they just got lazy.
MGMT stands its ground in trying to just release what they think is fun rather than pick a style.

That was the whole point of Flash delirium, a fuck you to people that wanted them to release music within the same style as electric eel. The whole point is probably to pull a Velvet Underground and hope people make a band around one particular concept a song delivers, such as when Foster the People blatantly decided they'd stylize themselves after the song Kids.

Attached: I GRIEVE IN STEREO.png (1830x1984, 1.11M)

I think they literally just wanted to take acid and make an album with major label money. Self titled is a massive pleb filter. If you enjoy actual experimental music this album is for you

>wattd