What's with all the hatred towards metalcore anyway? Never understood that shit...

What's with all the hatred towards metalcore anyway? Never understood that shit. Is it just because a lot of meatheads like it?

Attached: LaClasse_Jose_Restau.jpg (800x449, 78.63K)

>constant lyrical whining
>clean vocal sections that sound like something you'd hear on radio rock
I wonder why

Attached: 0963_-_vau6Xw1.png (326x326, 171.29K)

which core are you talking about?
old school core? (just a heavier version of hardcore punk), early 00s core? (pretty much thrash metal in C minor), emo core? what this nigga is saying , djent core? (the exact same chord on one string being played over the heaviest amp you could get) or nu core? (converge rip offs)

metalcore is thrash if thrash was actually listenable. thash is contender for the worst genre possible

because chads and women listened to it, and incels don't like stuff that normies listen to.

mostly referring to its initial 90s breakout with stuff like earth crisis and the lot, as well as the more recent lifting-core like hatebreed and code orange. but my main gripe is when the term metalcore is thrown around as an insult to a band.

i mean most of the 90s early metalcore scene isn't so well known and trve kvlt meatfags hate it because it's not slam or black
Then AILD, KSE and ATR became semi popular on the early 2000s and have some songs about heartbreaks and shit so the emo kids were interested, thus resulting in a bunch of scene kids ripping them off with no good results, the only band from that whole scene that went through some improvement was Underoath and they started as a freaking christian black-ish metal band

you had to be there

Attached: HairyDigitalBats-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 1.49M)

Attached: DistantGloomyHake-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 1.09M)

Attached: tumblr_e99e37b06b0a5a6f5e1c4d285b44a869_65d1b92a_500.gif (480x270, 504K)

Elitism and gatekeeping mainly from the metal side of the spectrum. The genre has so much potential, but elitists just think of 2009 era genericore instead of stuff like Converge, ETID, Chariot, and Dillenger. It doesn't matter what they think though as the genre is here to stay and is still evolving.

genre is dead dude lol. arguably died with suicide silence guy's...suicide.

You're thinking of deathcore which is far from dead

it's genre-adjacent to metalcore. either way, they're both dead. metalcore peaked in the mid 2000s, deathcore peaked in like 2010.

>Thinking these genres are dead
Get off Any Forums lmfao

People just assume you mean the whiny clean chorus bands that were all over the radio when you use the term.

I've seen people describe bands like Earth Crisis, Converge, Code Orange, and Hatebreed as metallic hardcore instead of metalcore because the term has such a negative connotation.

bro just because the 3 bands you still like are making records and don't know when to call it quits, and there's one good band in your city that will get signed any day now, doesn't mean the genre is still going. it had its time.

Metallic hardcore is just hardcore that isn't shitty 1 chord beatdown type "real" hardcore.

And I'd argue it's just metal that emerges from a different scene.

Keep coping. I'll keep enjoying music from everywhere on the metal/hardcore spectrum

Because Metalcore was just a shitty copycat of Melodeath. Every metalcore band sounded like In Flames or At The Gates with blatantly copied guitar melodies, replaced guitar solos with redundant breakdowns and dumbed down lyrics.

i have nothing to cope about. you're the one insisting a genre a decade past its peak is still going, like it fucking means something. either listen to it or don't, but don't argue against reality and insist it's still as hopping as it was 16 years ago.