OP is a teen who just discovered older rock and thinks he needs to gloat about his entry-level "I'm not like the other...

>OP is a teen who just discovered older rock and thinks he needs to gloat about his entry-level "I'm not like the other kids" NPC rock tastes for validation.

Attached: 1643465627636.gif (417x317, 38.92K)

So what is some NPC rock

Jimi hendrix, AC/DC, Beatles, Queen and Rolling Stones according to him

Attached: 1622183579352.jpg (775x720, 30K)

Sounds like an am*rican problem

Car Seat Headrest, Black MIDI, Squid, My Bloody Valentine, John Maus, BCNR, Wet Leg, Slint, etc

My other favorite is the transition hip-hop fans go through where as soon as they discover 90's hip-hop and classic underground hip-hop they become the spiritual lyrical miracle individual meme and get into arguments about what's "real hip-hop"

Attached: IMG_20220525_142120.jpg (315x400, 31.39K)

im 25 and im still like this. i grew up listening to folk/world music. early teen years i discovered hiphop. mid teens i discovered 60s/70s rock. late teens discovered 90s rock/shoegaze etc. each period i thought "this is the best. way better than what i used to like" now I'm 25 and I've again realised 60s rock/folk is the pinnacle of music.

not sure why you've squeezed wet leg in there they're completely irrelevant. the rest absolutely true though.

I'm 26 and the true patrician taste comes when you accept the validity of all your phases of music enjoyment, for without them you wouldn't have the sense of appreciation for all the music you do now even if old familiars remain favorites in your older age.

I'm in my mid 30's and only now discovered Pink Floyd (The Wall, Meddle, Dark side of the moon, animals, Atom heart mother, everything else is meh) and nothing else compares to it, I think these records ruined music for me.

fuck bro... I can't wait to be 26. we're gonna get so wise :) I'm gonna listen to Avril Lavigne rn and jerk my little ding dong

"2Pac greatest rapper to ever live!!"

Attached: hip hop.png (1286x717, 904.25K)

Yes I am a teenager who just discovered older rock and thinks I need to gloat about my entry-level "I'm not like the other kids" NPC rock tastes for validation, how could you tell

Attached: 1641476282322.png (700x902, 313.99K)

yeah i actually feel like a fucking idiot for even wasting a second of my life listening to what american teenagers on twitter/Any Forums have got to say about hip hop. im done. i need to stop looking. its so pointless. i dont even like hiphop that much its fucking low IQ garbage mostly.

Attached: pepe weird open mouth.png (900x845, 21.36K)

This. Why do people feel the need to put on such a persona about it? There's nothing wrong with being entry-level. We all have to start somewhere, but...chill dude.

Most of it is garbage. You have to get to the good stuff like bladee and playboi carti.

I used to listen to doom metal and worked my way back from Electric Wizard to Black Sabbath and from there to 70s rock. I listen to a lot of music from that era.

>OP is jaded that he endured this phase himself and is now projecting onto others because he's a bitter person

elaborate please, I'm autistic

Attached: german.jpg (1080x1844, 646.83K)

LMAO good one user