Vocaroo thread

I know I suck but does anyone want a vocaroo thread?

vocaroo.com/1fdPqIKsDyjL

Attached: Screenshot_20220513-202845.jpg (1080x1076, 160.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/19MNVeXMrhIU
youtube.com/watch?v=TMZM-NxeXxM
vocaroo.com/17tATGGMvcVo
vocaroo.com/1fdPqIKsDyjL
vocaroo.com/1cuSCLw1yYw1
rando-whatts.bandcamp.com/album/just-some-mixtape-vol-1
vocaroo.com/1ojYO6ZgWO30
youtube.com/watch?v=ORFnZ3c80cU
vocaroo.com/19HpeNPTMv6b
vocaroo.com/1oBE8crytHCb
m.bilibili.com/video/BV1H7411g7Kj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Demo of llittle jazz trio
voca.ro/19MNVeXMrhIU

pretty cute
you don't sound like a fuckin zoomer
although you play the guitar and your voice is about 20 or 23 years old, this composition can be attributed to lo-fi but in a good way
you even reminded me of this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=TMZM-NxeXxM

Dang this is clean, which instrument are you playing?

Drums: Addictive Drums 2 modern jazz brushes (preset Orleans jazz)
Piano: Addictive Keys Studio Grand (preset arena ballad)
Double bass: Ezbass upright ebx (preset basic)

one i've been working on for a while. points if you can identify the source of the clock sample
vocaroo.com/17tATGGMvcVo

really pretty good, you definitely don't suck. the flourish on the fingerpicking there is excellent. is this an original? lyrics work well too. I've really struggled with getting comfortable with my own voice when singing along with da guitar, but you've got it down pat. great work.
quite smooth. reminds me of something that would play in the beginning of a pilot for a clever spy pastiche show, like the backing music for the main character's intro monologue. the samples sound excellent too, I need to get my sample game up to snuff.

Attached: panicrest.jpg (442x600, 104.57K)

yes
but what instrument are you playing?

>vocaroo.com/1fdPqIKsDyjL
RK?

I think he means that it's just computer bloops that sound like instruments and he's just arranged the bloops.

>but what instrument are you playing?
My mind

>Computer bloops
Accidents are not accidental

>Vocaroo
Sounds cool
9.5/10

>samples
I don't love cheating

Faggot thinks hes tom petty

here's a lil repeatable math rock jingle:
vocaroo.com/1cuSCLw1yYw1

also, made a tape with vocaroos I thought were interesting enough to make into a tape with my dumb voice right here:
rando-whatts.bandcamp.com/album/just-some-mixtape-vol-1

it's like modal jazz in the way the bass slides between each scale the piano chords lands upon to give it more color. the midi aesthetic adds into the charm yet the VSTs are definitely realistic-sounding enough to pass as actual instruments.

is this intended to be played by an actual trio or by computer? either way works for me.
he plays DAW lol, the chad instrument

this ain't bad lol. sure there are some moments where your voice dips a bit in pitch unintentionally which means you need a bit of pitch control but as a song, I found it enjoyable. this has to do with the composition being rather strong with how the guitar jangles and slides up sometimes and how the vocal melody weaves perfectly within the jangles. it's rather short tho but it gets to the point without meandering at all.

as the user above said, cute.
ooooooooooo ouch

damn, i know exactly what that sample is but I can't find it on YT right now.

here's one I made in the online mario paint composer thing:
vocaroo.com/1ojYO6ZgWO30
youtube.com/watch?v=ORFnZ3c80cU i really want to tattle on myself so here it is. just the clock sound tho
when I say samples, I mean the audio samples for the midi soundfont, not interpolated samples from other songs. glad you liked it, thanks for giving it a listen!
I like this one a lot. I'd like to take my music in this direction - I can totally imagine the kind of vocals that would go over this and what the bridge might sound like; you have an excellent jumping off point here.

Attached: nickdrake.jpg (564x370, 27.26K)

vocaroo.com/19HpeNPTMv6b

improv bass snare hithat

vocaroo.com/1oBE8crytHCb

>it's like modal jazz
fun fact: I started to study and listen to jazz from modal and be-bop forms, so I think this is what influenced my playing and structure

>is this intended to be played by an actual trio or by computer?
I have this rule when creating music in a DAW: "if a person can play it, but the notes were created by a computer, and if the computer can play the same thing as a person on a real instrument, then the result is positive"
so I think it works both ways, if you have a live guitar/piano you can repeat these notes by your ears

>Jingle
sounds like the intro of some Friday night show, or a break between songs on the radio
what guitar did you use?

>Bandcamp
jack stauber but hip-hop/desert rock
I like it

>Vocaroo
Pretty sounds like weirdcore
7/10

Cool solo
Sounds like prog rock groove
9/10

drummer here
thanks for listening and for the feedback

damn i kinda missed the 9/10 - thats really super nice of you thank you - i mean its improv and i know its imperfect, but thats nice

thanks for listening to that one too, appreciate it. never heard of weirdcore but from what i'm finding online its definitely comparable.

oh gosh that intro is ROCKS!!!
the structure is quite chaotic, although you were able to smooth the corners and finish off a clear rhythm, and as you can hear, it went only for the benefit of the composition
10/10

small criticism:
hi-hats sound rather muddy and too loud although at some points it works as a plus and not a minus (for example 3:00-3:50)
snare sounds quite rough and it is better to tune it a bit to the tone of the kick
you can also hear from the sound that you probably recorded this solo on the street somewhere in the evening (sounds of crickets at the beginning), it is better to record in a normal room because the sound will spread more evenly and harmoniously without creating a echo

>criticism
it was also worth being a little closer for a good sound recording if you recorded from the phone, I can tell from the sound that you were 5 to 10 meters from the phone

thank you for sharing some thoughtfulness
but
im playing outside and it is what it is and is what i can do, and its all recorded on a voice memo app on my phone about 20 some feet from my set up (with a little wind puff protection)

i've got some gear, but i just go outside and do it - you know? i have some mics and minidisc recorders, but i dont really want to deal with all the file tranferring etc.. raw, unmixed, just the love of playing and exploring

ah, i see another post - no, you are incorrect - any closer will produce clipping. gretsch snare and bass, zildjian K custom darks - shit is loud. by default. closer than 5 meters would be a mess. i know most people dont like my tones - but i have come to really love them. im not making backing tracks, just loving the drums. but thank you very much.

>oh gosh that intro is ROCKS!!!
>the structure is quite chaotic, although you were able to smooth the corners and finish off a clear rhythm, and as you can hear, it went only for the benefit of the composition
>10/10
thanks! that really means a lot. but I don't want to pretend like I wrote that or anything, it's just a cover. I thought mbv would've been so popular around these parts that that song would be pretty unanimously recognizable and I wouldn't have to actually say anything about it. really I was just trying to emulate this m.bilibili.com/video/BV1H7411g7Kj on the cheapest possible equipment I could. sorry :/

yeah, this is nice. fucking well done. hot damn.
im drum vocaroo user. would think about trying to drum for this