youtube.com/watch?v=lVu5T1zSETU
youtube.com/watch?v=pKUQSP-Hp2c
youtube.com/watch?v=_4pajhHyL-E
youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ie5n2WadOW0
youtube.com/watch?v=u6ezuof6GK4
youtu.be/AK8DvNtkrm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would assume the reason no one brings them up today is because they didn't influence anyone, they weren't that big
But technically they were doing dream pop before the Cocteau Twins, yeah

>also be a shitty band, which is the main reason why people don’t listen to them

they're quite well-known, i'd think. at least by Any Forumstants or tangential communities

Pleb got filtered

love dream pop but can't get into them

Good songs, typical of their sound:
youtube.com/watch?v=lVu5T1zSETU
youtube.com/watch?v=pKUQSP-Hp2c

The original version of Baby Milk Snatcher (probably the first track most people hear from them) is fucking insane, jackhammer of noise:

Also this is their big hit, it doesn't really sound like them but it's a really nice, breezy song:

I think their best releases are the ep 'Up Home' and the second half of their album '69.' Shouldn't be that hard of a band to get into, really just imagine a cross between Cocteau Twins and Jesus & Mary Chain. I don't know how much they influenced groups like Cocteau Twins, MBV and Dinosaur Jr. but they were definitely well known around the same time/slightly beforehand. If nothing else they're really original, and 'dub-shoegaze' is a cool idea that should be more explored

They're better known for their influence on British house music with the one time collaboration, M|A|R|R|S.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y

Attached: 077.gif (600x337, 951.45K)

No, the reason no-one brings them up today is because they're kind of inaccessible outside the LP Version of 'Baby Milk Snatcher' and their one hit, and in their early years they wrote songs about lolis and killing your girlfriend, which drives away the kind of woke press types who would otherwise be salivating over an underappreciated indie group made of black dudes that actually had some influence on music down the line

The only other one I can think of, Bad Brains, are also shied away from for similar reasons

Attached: up_home.jpg (600x600, 53.12K)

Also, very kino album covers
Yeah I didn't mention that because it's a red herring. They only wrote the obscure b-side to 'Pump up the Volume', which unexpectedly became a massive hit, they didn't have much to do with it. Colorbox and AR Kane each recorded the music on their respective sides almost entirely themselves, and Kane got to coast because the arrangement of the single led to them splitting royalties. Although, I think they both actually hardly got any royalties because of sample clearance issues in Pump Up the Volume

forgot pic

Attached: love_sick.jpg (574x600, 82.09K)

meant to link this as their hit lmfao
youtube.com/watch?v=ie5n2WadOW0

could you post the songs and/or lyrics you're referring to?

This whole ep (lmao at the youtuber trying to get zoomers to listen to it)
youtube.com/watch?v=u6ezuof6GK4

Esp with the naked girl on the original cover (not posting it here), this would get any band's career memoryholed today. I would imagine the lack of coverage this band gets mostly has to do with this. Just too much explaining to do if you bring them up

not to mention having both a skullflower and gentle giant member as your bassist. i'll share what may as well be a hidden a.r. kane track
youtu.be/AK8DvNtkrm4

>didn't have much to do with it
i get what you're saying but the tension a.r. kane build is crucial to that unforgettable drop in pump up the volume. as is colourbox contribution on making a danceable shoegaze track (massively overshadowed sadly)

Attached: 1628744821745.jpg (1306x1055, 81.14K)

>Both a Skullflower and Gentle Giant member as bassist?
Wait slow down, what are you talking about? Did AR Kane have a Gentle Giant member play with them? Who? Was he a touring musician? Did he play on one of their records? I was a hardcore Gentle Giant fan for many years and I'm very confused. Not familiar with Skullflower.

I appreciate the trip btw, I've been thinking of getting one.

How much did Colorbox help make Anitina? I'd always heard it was almost entirely an AR Kane song, and the reverse was true for Pump up the Volume. By the way, Anitina is a strong contender for my favorite song of all time. Absolute monster of a track.

I see the vid you linked is solo Alex Ayuli. Never heard either of their subsequent projects, anything else you'd recommend?

Also wonder why they haven't gotten back together even though they both made music subsequently

>But technically they were doing dream pop before the Cocteau Twins, yeah
Treasure was released before AR Kane released anything and Treasure is definitely dream pop.

Yea he's wrong about both points he was trying to make, AR Kane influenced other bands and also literally admit to forming after being inspired by Cocteau Twins

ray (gg) was their bassist on "i". russell smith (sf) was the bassist on anitina, lollita and 69
>help make anitina
they just did the drums, while a.r. kane provided that guitar section in pump
>anything else you'd recommend
alien technology (more of a new clear child feel) from alex and i think you'd love inrain - grow from rudy. i ought to revisit the couple of releases rudy did relatively recently
iirc alex simply doesn't want to perform and make new tunes anymore. i still got my fingers crossed for a reunion tour eventually

Attached: 1617785417980.jpg (599x600, 147.86K)