NEED more music like The Smiths

i know this is a faggy ask but i've just never been able to find a band that scratches the same itch as them. the fagyearning, the catchiest guitar ive ever heard, it just speaks to me on a level i can't express.

i know this is normie shit but i just need more music like this because ive listened to them way too much, would appreciate less british shit ty for any recommendations

Attached: smiths.png (736x385, 255.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mLOXLEbIqM
youtu.be/0STfmbkeUtE
youtube.com/watch?v=WxWb9FAN078
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Early R.E.M

Morrissey solo

if you don't mind noise: The Wedding Present. less skilled at their instrument and the vocalist can't sing, but they have the jangle and the self-depreciating lyrics down to a t.
if you don't mind going back in time, The Modern Lovers. very different musically, but Richman's lyrics are proto-Morrissey.
if you don't mind wimpiness, Belle and Sebastian. more folky and introspective, but i like them.

not jangle but

red house painters

british? the sundays first 2 albums. Same jangly great sound but this time it's a GIRL singing and also pretty britishy. Or you could listen to The La's. also british, idk I really like that style personally

Just with aspergergers instead of faggotry: youtube.com/watch?v=3mLOXLEbIqM

oh yeah can't forget based Martin
youtu.be/0STfmbkeUtE

Attached: 72acf2500e9dfe179d0903f8d04875e5_original.jpg (680x476, 59.84K)

Morrissey's solo work, especially from 1988-1990 is the closest you'll find. You'll also probably like these if you're a fan of The Smiths.

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2333x1044, 491.54K)

they're unironically unique

don tfeel ashamed for liking the smiths, they are one of the best bands out there.

the fact that they are accessible or "normie" means that they are great while remaining easy to recommend.

good as band, and as other have said R.E.M is very similar in some regards, and if youre looking for other "faggy" music then bowie and the cure have that feel aswell

Attached: 1652489189713.png (797x865, 24.52K)

McCarthy. very to the left,sound similar.
youtube.com/watch?v=WxWb9FAN078

>the smiths
>the cure
>memewie
They're probably all in my top 10. I knew my taste was a bit on the "sensitive" side but I didn't realize it was THAT gay what the fug.

Attached: 1441333586801.jpg (512x512, 44.9K)

Probably Belle and Sebastian would be up your ally idk

Whoever here said Red House Painters is just Smiths slowed down made the most accurate take I've seen on the board

Are you a Chicano??
Those dudes love this shit.

sounds nothing like smiffs

>Probably Belle and Sebastian would be up your ally idk
When the anesthesia wears off in your gender confirmation surgery and you wake up, this is what the surgeons are listening to.

then listen to motown shit or whatever morrissey liked when he was young

The Sundays

Felt