Slint - Spiderland

anything more like this that isn't pure crescendo core (GY!BE) or tepid melo-shit (BC/NR)?

Attached: Slint - Spiderland.png (349x350, 149.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JwU0rIE5Vok
youtube.com/watch?v=muchTdJRaLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

neurosis

rodan

More bands need to try Slint-style storytelling in songs. It's part of what takes every song in Spiderland to the next level

try this bad boy right here

Attached: aminorforest.jpg (920x921, 268.89K)

That would require some level of poetic sensibility, which the average pop artist (rock or not) most definitely do not have.

Karate has a similar guitar tone and sparseness to it

Brian McMahan's band "The For Carnation" listen to the ST.

Attached: The For Carnation.jpg (1000x1000, 106.61K)

It sucks dude. Grow up

the music that is commonly associated with being an adult boomer is way more facile and childish than literally anything on Spiderland
you are a faggot, you have no idea what you're talking about

Agreed. What a an overrated dogshit album with shitty drumming,

Unwound

The songs moss icon made in 91 (memorial, moth, Guatemala, gravity) are like breadcrumb trail and good morning captain, but 10 times better

What were ur favorite songs and parts on the album OP

That's an easy one, my dude.

Attached: ab67616d0000b273cfb1b30a73e33be30834b28b.jpg (640x640, 82K)

I really like the heavy parts, but only because the payoff was so good. I also really loved the story telling, I feel like that really holds it all together and separates it from other post-rock bands that just sort of rely entirely on sounds and don't give a shit about the atmosphere lyrics can create. I think breadcrumb trail and Good Morning, Captain are the two tracks I'd follow an example for, though the other stuff is just as amazing.

so far Neurosis is the one artist i've been rec'd that are what I'm looking for.

youtu.be/JwU0rIE5Vok

Attached: ab67616d00001e02c042d96342da9bd78a37ae32.jpg (300x300, 19.28K)

This is the only thing I've ever heard that captures the Slint feelings correctly, all the other crescendo-core or nu-Slint bands are weak sauce
youtube.com/watch?v=muchTdJRaLA

Attached: 1635983627435.jpg (759x1024, 84.11K)

i cant believe Any Forums tricked me into listening to this crap. seriously wtf is this shit???

I think I’d recommend
Pretend - Bones…
Telstar Drugs - s/t
Quickspace - The Death of Quickspace
May not exactly scratch the itch but thought I’d recommend stuff not usually talked about on here. Slint is pretty insular in those storytelling regards but maybe Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen would be of interest too, I know Brian and Britt list them as very significant inspirations around the making of Spiderland

US Maple - Talker