Today i will remind them

i know Trent Reznor has attained something of a reputation as an "experimental and intelligent auteur" among people who only got into NIN once their time in the spotlight had already passed, but NIN were indeed widely perceived in terms pertaining to "alternative metal" in the 90s, meaning that they shared their space first and foremost with bands like tool, fear factory, korn, soundgarden, marilyn manson etc. you look at them now, they're still playing festivals and co-headlining tours with those same bands, they're still being covered in the same schlocky rock/metal magazine that were covering them back then.
trent reznor was like the stereotypical image of the melodramatic, overwrought mallgoth in the public consciousness back then.

a lot of people seem to think that nine inch nails were part of the same conversation as, like, radiohead and aphex twin and shit, which is just completely hilarious and delusional. they were, as buzz osbourne put it, "music for baby rockers".

Attached: 1494904072500.jpg (1002x1024, 149.3K)

Day ruined

nah, oversimplified
nin was one of the few acts that could sort of move between two camps you laid out
they had crossover appeal that many acts did not

>implying radiohead and aphex twin music is experimental and intelligent
At NIN songs have a lot of energy to them, radiohead music is just an slogfest without substance

Semi-related to a convo I had with my gf the other day (fucking way younger than me) where I was trying to explain how (and my theories for why) type o negative got lumped into the same fanbase as people who liked bands like korn/marilyn manson/tool/all that nu-metal shit.

My guess is it was their record company fostering that because their sound was waaaay closer to doom & sludge. Like, it doesn't sound anything even remotely close to something like korn or nine inch nails or mason. Type O would have been way more "at home" on a bill with like, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost and possibly even Eyehategod

Attached: 1e2bc2223cf761843513930bce420989--bret-michaels-dodge-challenger.jpg (325x475, 32.81K)

>part of the same conversation as, like, radiohead and aphex twin
You mean entry-level, pseudo-experimental pop for clueless, fart-sniffing teenagers? Seems like stellar company.

t. real industrialfag
go outside and listen to some factory noises you fucking poseur dipshit

>go outside and listen to some factory noises
>all the factories are closed because muh climate
What did he mean by this?

bump

Not him but there has to be at least one construction project currently going on in your area.

manson go to bed, you're a fucking hack without Trent on the boards

I could say a lot similar stuff about radiohead

Trent may have been responsible for Manson's success, but he was far less important to the actual music than Daisy, Twiggy, and even Manson himself.

>get hits with trent cowriting and producing
>fall off tremendously
>salvage your career somewhat by leaning on millenial jazz musicians

his career can be summed up in 3 lines

>There are 0 construction projects currently in progress in Anonymous Proxy

Anyone who actually thinks that Trent deserves a majority the credit for Manson's best music is an actual moron. He did play a small role the songwriting and performance, but his main role was getting Manson signed to a major label and "polishing" the music for a wider audience.

>be tront
>press 4 piano keys on the minute of decay
>"I LICHRULLY WROTE ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR"

You clearly are too young to have gotten into them in 2004 when they were just as popular and stood out regaurdles of what the "angle" was, they were like the gorillaz to me stfu bitch

Apparently Trent didn't produce Dried Up, Tied, and Dead to the World, Kinderfeld, or Minute of Decay, so I don't know if he had any role in those songs at all.

NIN are cool but you should listen to Depeche Mode

Attached: Album-Black.jpg (900x900, 93.54K)

>you look at them now, they're still playing festivals and co-headlining tours with those same bands
Correction, Trent tours with 100 Gecs and Yves Tumor now.

is this BLM's favourite album

100 gecs was just a single city, Yves Tumor is actually touring with them.

probably not