Mike Shinoda

What's Any Forums take on him and his influence on modern music? His lyrics and rhymes are pretty inspirational and cool if you ask me

Attached: Mik3.jpg (227x351, 16.47K)

what is going on with the LP shilling recently

Same as the last time you asked. Bad wi boi rapper, overrated band, Chester sucked an ass too. What's up?

/Trust fund babby general/?

He inspired me to go for rap route ( I'm a baritone you can't do shit with that voice in pop ) so I make occasionally threads about him
Dude, Chester is good! Not my favourite singer, maybe in top 20. I listen to LP for Shinodas rapping. And how are you?

Corny lyrics and terrible flow. It's OK in the context of Linkin Park but when he's the focus like in Fort Minor it's painfully obvious how limited his ability as an MC is

Good on him for being the creative force behind Linkin Park and making a great career for himself though, no hate

I'm not happy. My girl left me.

Hmmm I liked him more than Tak and Ryi
What are his weak points?
I can feel you, well, there are others and you can upgrade so be easy with yourself

We didnt appreciate him at the time desu

thanks kind user. I'm sorry I spazed out at you earlier.

True true
It's ok, never was a lp fan myself, recently got into them. Shinoda's rapping kinda helps me. I'm in a best place too, broke my phone with a punch, fucked off wchicks I liked and absolutely going insane because of cutting
LP lyrics kinda helping me rn. Jamiroqai helps too

Oh sorry man. I'm glad the music is helping you keep it together though. Without that I'd be fucked. Cheers m8

His lyrics are pretty corny, but he's talented enough as a producer to be able to outshine that fact. Overall, a big fan.

Wholesome thread indeed
Hey, how do i start being a producer? How to produce? I've made a couple of techno tracks but that's it

>I listen to LP for Shinodas rapping
bruh

Mike Shinoda has absolutely no talent as a vocalist and modeled his entire career on hearing Korn by Twist and imitating that in every song.

Good rapper - could have had a decent career on the white backpacker circuit
Excellent song writer - kept refining songs until he got the catchiest hooks and choruses, you listen to early demos and you realize they kept going at it for years on some songs without ever saying "good enough"
Amazing producer - he has great taste, this is a guy who treat music as sounds and rhythms first and foremost
Influential? I think he was an opportunistic trend hopper who came in at the end, he had the observational and analytical insight and the aggressive desire to succeed
He really struck gold by finding Chester, who was just a grunge singer with potential but no focus, and molded him as one of his instruments
Splitting duty between two different singers with their own high skillsets in both rock and hip hop, instead of having only one who's ok at both but doesn't excel at either, was a stroke of producer genius, and not only that but really structuring their rhythm around either complimentary or clashing back and forth - it was attempted before but not to such a refined extent
He turned a genre with raw edges and potential into formulaic radio perfection
He did it so well that he killed the genre afterwards because no one could do it as efficiently
He understood nu metal was the swan song of metal but the skyrocketing of hip hop in the mainstream and becoming the new pop
Unlike most other bands, he treated rock song writing like beat making
Doesn't get the respect he really deserves

Attached: 1646901199045.jpg (754x480, 30.65K)

Great quality post user, probably the best on the board. I'll save it for tips and tricks notebook. What else can you say for an aspiring pop rap rocker

he's obviously good at making music for teenagers
bleed it out has his best verse, but he's not going to go down as a legendary rapper or anything. a lot of these "modern rock" bands like 21 pilots take at least a little bit of influence from him

They were a contrived boy band. Plenty of rock rap he just made it polished for people who wear shirts with silver dragons on them.

Attached: Every NuMetal retard.jpg (269x400, 32.15K)

Linkin Parks first two albums sound like every metalcore song made post 2018

Only thing missing is breakdwons

Attached: 1654308613511.webm (460x612, 1.06M)