Well, user? What's your favourite GY!BE release?

Well, user? What's your favourite GY!BE release?
>inb4 "it's just crescendocore"
I know and I like it 'cus it sounds cool.

Attached: Gybeinfinity.jpg (220x220, 12.24K)

SRFNZK

very nice user :)

The Cowboy best part btw

yanqui u.x.o

solid dude

If you cut out the filler drone tracks from Allelujah, it’s perfect. But I’m sorry OP I used to like this band more but then I saw them live… it’s literally just crescendocore

Crescendocore is a meaningless buzzword

Maturity means realizing Skinny Fists is their best

I've been listening to this a lot lately and it's really grown on me (Yanqui U.X.O.). It took me longer than the other albums but I think this is a masterpiece. There are some amazing moments - like the middle of Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls. I believe this album is criminally underrated. All three pieces are great. One of most hauntingly beautiful parts to me is ~16m+ in motherfucker=redeemer part 1.

Attached: Yanqui UXO.jpg (1200x1100, 62.81K)

Interesting fact this album was described like this by GY!BE -

" Lacking both their characteristic interwoven field recordings and specifically named movements, the album was instead described by the band as "just raw, angry, dissonant, epic instrumental rock"."

Allelujah is incredible. Yea, I don't need the drone tracks but I don't usually skip them either.

Im sorry but it’s really not, when the whole piece is just going from soft to very very loud while playing an ostinato in the course of 10-20 minutes that is crescendocore

It's more useful as a genre description than "post-rock"

you're both kind of right, crescendocore is definitely a clear descriptor but it can also be overused as blind criticism to the point of it becoming a buzzword

Any other "post-rock" or even so called crescendocore just pales in comparison to these guys. So disappointing.

>It took me longer than the other albums
same. i think it's their most mature work artistically speaking. it's also their most "composed" one, in my opinion.

their newest, since it's based on more concise pieces and fails to achieve anything "post" rock, which gives it kind of a dad-movie charm

The final climax of the album is legendary

that's true. i think the last 10 minutes of mf redeemer pt 2 are one of the peaks of their career.
also never understood how people find it hopeful and positive. to me that last section is a triumph of hopelessness and destruction.

Always has been, it’s such a beautiful album