/prod/ - music production general

"4 years of OOEPUI" Edition
Happy Pride!!!!!!!!

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous:

Attached: A1Luz+vRKCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 363.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1mLCFEpzfPl0
voca.ro/1foVntzIGkow
vocaroo.com/1ojXUGB7oWKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do people say sophie is a genius producer? I listened to her album and it sounds nothing special.

vocaroo.com/1mLCFEpzfPl0

need feedback and advice on producing the vocals.

Any feedback is appreciated ty

the vocals really arent lacking much, maybe some definition with more overdubs but that amount of reverb is a type of style that has mud and lack of definition.
i would definitely advice you play around with that bass synth it sounds very modern and digital. maybe some saturator and clever eq can help out.

voca.ro/1foVntzIGkow

working on a track, I am confused what to do with vocals kinda. I know itll be whispers but I don't know where to go with it..
anything else with major issues that I should fix before I move on the final vocal recording and mixing drums? also theres gonna be instrumental melodies in the quiet gaps towards the end..

any feedback is awesome. thanks anons

Right on thank you. Could you go a bit more in depth on what youd suggest with the bass? Rn I’ve got it going through this tape cassette plugin, and a vinyl emulator plugin. Gonna get my hands on a real bass soon and try to rerecord the part.

bruh...
i would rather had the fucking vtubers..
fuck yuo op

So far the vocals sound really great. I’d go in and cut out the mouth sounds/breaths. Really dig this

Good luck, and may the synths be with you!

Attached: MV5BYTc5OWU1MGItOGVhMi00OWIxLTg0NDAtNmFlZjE5NmFkNWYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg (5412x3652, 3.6M)

Also if anyone could recommend drum packs for postpunk stuff id appreciate it

that's a cool looking dude
he really looks interested in what he's doing
good for him

The reality is that all of the low hanging fruits of what is *actually* new have been taken already, so the new "genius" is to just make something that is not new but most people haven't heard it so then you package it a bit differently and modernized, there's your genius producer.

The OP doesn't really matter. It's basically /prod/ tradition to have a shitty OP pic that will annoy someone or other.

>thot in nonsensical clothing
op pic might as well be a vtuber

that's a man

vocaroo.com/1ojXUGB7oWKU
Learning acoustic guitar. Ran it through an amp plugin this time
I don't know if it sounds good, feeling kinda lost

>acoustic guitar
>amp plugin
not sure you're supposed to do that to an accoustic
the instrument is already amplified by its body

definitely sounds interesting but idk if I’d say that it works. The problem with running an acoustic through an amp sim is that it pics up and amplifies all the background noise too.

but if you dig it id say keep working with it. Link reminds me of Nah or something.

I owe everyone who worked on Dexed free use of my bussy.

I see. So I'll have to learn some ways to denoise my recordings
Cause on this one, the unprocessed guitar recording even had loud bird chirping in it lol. Put a steep filter behind the amp, seemed to work

it’ll be tough lol. I’ve tried to do it and i couldn’t get a useable recording, but I’m not great at production. Real heavy nose gates helped but it was never what i wanted. idk what sound you’re going for exactly, but electric acoustics can soubd really cool with distortion, neutral mil hotel comes to mind

no faggot you are doing something wrong
an amp is used to amplify a signal that is very low like on an electric guitar

listen to her leaks and production credits