Notability of australian music

am i the only one that thinks that trying to be a musician in australia is a waste of time?
i'm disillusioned by the fact that so many artists and bands flee the country as soon as they can see their moment of opportunity arise. the fact that the artists are from australia ultimately doesn't count for anything.
it's no wonder at all that other countries think that australia has nothing to offer in terms of art, bands and artists that remain within the country are also overlooked by other countries.

Attached: australia.jpg (248x204, 5.42K)

This. Why hasn't Kerser gone worldwide mainstream? He hasn't gone through the government sponsored Triple J -> Big 3 pipeline anointed by kingmaker Kingsmill yet has toured Australia for like 10 years.

Maybe because Australia is a sparsely populated island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with only a few million people that's thousands of miles away from any white first world country

This, it’s hard to tour (make money) when you’re Australian.
Some artists from other countries don’t even tour in Australia because it doesn’t pay off to do it.

its just because its a small market user. if youre serious go to europe or america and you will make money if youre good.

i'm just so sick of australia being so far behind, even though it's a first world country. everyone has the audacity to call it the "lucky country" what a load of bullshit.

INXS made bangers

>Australia has nothing to offer
Horde are great

sure, but they only really matter within the country

INXS were huge internationally back in the '80s.

i know of a few acts that went overseas. some made it, others didn't, and some just didn't want to. being OS is fun for maybe 3 months, then unless you establish a permanent base there is a fucking real grind.

INXS were the biggest act on the planet in 1987-1990, probably only 2nd to GnR or Metallica

>even though it's a first world country.
Uhhh....

tism are painfully based and have at least been repressing their catalogue.

The issue with a lot of Australian bands that are on a local level is that even if they're really good, nobody seems to be able to record a fuckin album so they're limited to peddling the same shit single or ok 4 song EP until they move on with their lives or get caught fuckin kids

Attached: thelastthingyouseebeforeyouwakeupinrowville.jpg (1200x800, 160.9K)

Attached: 20220604_204025.jpg (1080x1981, 331.79K)

My family in the fucking Soviet Union knew who INXS were. I never been to Australia in my life and I know INXS, Midnight Oil, The Church, Bee Gees, The Saints and other Australian bands.

Stop coping, every English speaking country has advantage in the music market. Maybe the heat is getting to your head which doesn't allow you to produce as much kino as the British Isles, but trust me Australia is far from irrelevant. If you want real irrelevant contrives, come to Estonia and we'll tell you all about that.

inxs were an inside job

Overall the formula for Australian rock bands was simply have some indie rock and then occasionally throw in a cunt on a saxophone. See, Men At Work, Crowded House, Icehouse, INXS, Split Enz, Dragon(counts), Boom Crash Oprea, Midnight Oil.

It's literally just pub rock. There's some real good stuff in there but a lot of filler and mid radio hits

yes, but who outside of australia gives a shit about those groups now?
meanwhile, nick cave and dead can dance, for example, are still pretty massive and also rarely visit the country they started in.
comparison doesn't mean i'm wrong.

our most current export is the chats. that is what people see in australian music today, novelty.

Australia has got a pretty good 'local music scene' happening, but generally Australia is a cultural wasteland. Nobody invests in artists.

and because no one invests in artists, they all flee. exactly.