What’s the untold secret to writing a good song

Attached: 1577716988786.jpg (976x850, 93.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YX6qWrHeZ2Y
youtu.be/hzQGRtP2bAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soul

autism

A vast vocabulary and imagination.

talented producers and expensive equipment/mixing vsts

This

just be urself

this + rich parents

Rhyme or reason

Creativity

Peep my numbers

youtu.be/YX6qWrHeZ2Y

Write 49 bad ones before you write a good one

Pretty much all talent desu. Some people wouldn't be able to write anything significant even after a lifetime of studying the masters. You have to have an "ear" for it as they say. Also plagiarizing musicians that never got popular.

its not about you it’s about the listener

Definitely tech wank and just going through the motions.

I think this is actually a really good point. There's some anecdote about Kanye spending a whole summer making beats and then he made college dropout or something. I think talent is a farce. If you're a talented artist and you acknowledge it, this will hurt you in creative process and otherwise. Being an artist truly is a job. It's about becoming crafty and painstaking efforts, if you try drawing from your natural "talents" you just get stumped. That's at least the way it's been for me. A lot of people say I'm naturally talented but I try to tell them I'm not and tell myself I'm not and just put in the hours. THIS is the real truth. I also love this video: youtu.be/hzQGRtP2bAQ good luck if u truly are upon the endeavor of art.

All fake or wrong answers

Catchy riff and sovl

Developing good taste. It's not so much about what you're capable of as much as your ability to weed out bad ideas and focus on the right ones. If you have bad taste in music, you'll write bad music, because you can't distinguish ideas loaded with potential from the ones that are just fundamentally shit. Everyone has a constant torrent of good and bad creative ideas running through their brains constantly, you just have to choose which horses you ride very carefully. After that, everything's relatively easy. But sharpening your judgement is the hard part, because that's such a vague, hazy thing to do.
>You never know just how you look through other people's eyes.

repeat what everything has done succesfully before, but since it's you doing it it's gonna have your own personal touch inevitably

there's no secret you just suck

shit *everyone

The design of the tools you use to make music plays a startlingly vital role in the music you make in some pretty profound ways. You CAN blame the instruments, actually.

No such thing as “bad music” so basically you’re retarded

You just need to trial and error bruteforce until you find something that sounds good without it being a copy a song that already exists

if you can vibe to it alone in your room, then it's good